Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v0.9.7Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
Mendeley Desktop v0.9.7
This update features improved shared collection management, a simplified Document Details pane and faster syncing of new documents.
New Features and Improvements:
- The right-hand Document Details pane has been re-designed.
- Improved shared collection management interface.
- Preferences dialog now displays information about current space usage.
- File syncing settings are now synced across your computers. Disabling file syncing for a collection will remove those file attachments from Mendeley Web.
- Added menu items to jump to previous/next/first/last pages in PDF viewer.
Improvements to Existing Features:
- Faster syncing of newly imported documents and reduced memory usage.
- Faster switching between collections.
- Sticky notes can now be moved after they have been created.
- Added an option to exclude unpublished works from the Mendeley Web catalog.
- Moving documents to the trash is now an undo-able action.
- File uploads are now always enabled for shared collections.
- Mendeley will now display a warning if it is unable to save database changes for any reason.
- Updated 'Getting Started' guide. Go to Help -> Getting Started Guide to see the latest version.
- (Mac) Various aesthetic improvements to the interface.
- Cmd+H shortcut now hides the window on Mac.
- Fixed problem with pages field of some documents being output incorrectly to Bibtex.
- Fixed order of document authors after import from Zotero.
- Fixed several syncing problems with folders.
- Fixed a crash when watching a folder on Linux/Mac whose name was a single backslash.
- (Linux) Fixed a problem launching external viewers/browsers to view web pages/files outside Mendeley in the generic builds.
Note: The right-hand References tab has been removed in this release. We plan to re-introduce it in an improved form in future.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/OpenOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.