Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v1.5.2-dev1Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This release fixes several bugs in Mendeley Desktop 1.5
- Fixed register and login links not working in some places.
- (Windows) Fixed a possible error when merging citations in text frames in Word.
- (Windows) Fixed a problem that could cause a crash when selecting text in certain documents when the Word plugin was installed.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the 'Resolve Conflicts' dialog to appear unnecessarily whilst syncing.
Enabling Internet Explorer / Safari Networking:
This release also adds an experimental option to use Internet Explorer / Safari's networking facilities on Windows and Mac. This fixes a number of issues where Mendeley was unable to connect to the web or load certain content on some institutional networks, or required proxy settings to be entered manually in the Preferences dialog.
To enable it, start Mendeley and press Ctrl+Shift+D (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac), go to Settings and change the 'Feature_UsePlatformNetworkLib' hidden setting to 'true', then restart Mendeley. When this is enabled, Mendeley will always use the connection settings from Internet Explorer (on Windows) or setup in System Preferences (on Mac).
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.