Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v1.7-dev1Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update makes it easier to import custom and 3rd-party citation styles into Mendeley Desktop, search for citation styles and share styles. There are also improvements to search behavior and performance.
- Easier import of citation styles
- In the 'Get More Styles' tab of the citation style browser, there is now a facility to paste a link to a style and Mendeley will download and install the style.
- Support for mendeley:// links which open a citation style in Mendeley Desktop when clicked.
- Search improvements
- Search behavior is now consistent between the citation editor and Mendeley Desktop.
- Search behavior is now consistent between document details and full text search.
- Search results now update incrementally as they become available.
- Fixed several bugs with the handling of OR and '-' terms in queries.
- The limitations on searching for single character terms and certain common words have been removed.
- The search view will now show snippets from any matching field (eg. URLs, DOI, citation key, institution) rather than just abstract, tags and notes.
- Import suggestions. When importing PDFs from a folder, Mendeley will look for other PDFs in the same folder and will offer to import them as well.
- Toolbar refresh. The layout and look of the toolbar has been refreshed on Linux and Windows.
- Reduced UI hiccups when editing document details.
- Updated tab switching shortcuts. Ctrl+
(Windows) or Cmd+ (Mac) can be used to switch to a tab. Ctrl+PageDown / PageUp (Windows) or Cmd+PageDown / PageUp (Mac) switch to the previous and next tabs.
- Added Edit -> Copy Citation menu item which copies a citation for the selected document.
- Fixed hang when enabling BibTeX sync for the first time in a large library.
- Fixed hang when performing batch edits in a large library.
- Emptying the contents of the notes field did now syncs correctly.
- (Mac) Fixed incorrect tool being selected when switching back and forth between PDF viewer and 'My Library' tabs.
- Fixed PDF links not working in some PDFs.
- Fixed crashes that could occur if the search indexes became corrupt.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/OpenOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.