Global Marketing Director - Brilinta
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
Position: Global Marketing Manager
Location: Cambridge, UK
Job Category: Global Commercial Organisation
Band/Grade: Career Level G
BRILINTA is currently indicated for acute coronary syndrome (ACS) high-risk post-myocardial infraction (HR-PMI) and is in leading position since 2014 in most of global markets - ahead of Clopidogrel and Prasugrel - in terms of ACS patient initiation & discharge share. We are now at an important point in the lifecycle, with 2 new indications expected to launch over the next 3 years: in 2020 we will launch in secondary prevention pre-event in CAD/Diabetes and in Acute Ischemic Stroke/TIA.
The THEMIS trial in stroke will read out in Q4 2018. We have the clear ambition to lead the science, change clinical practice, become standard of care and transform patient outcomes in a clinical setting currently characterized by a marked unmet medical need and limited treatment options. Our customers are clear that THEMIS has the potential to transform the landscape of treatment of CAD + T2DM patients in a pre-event setting (patients without MI or stroke). This is an area where the existing competitors have either failed consistently to demonstrate improved outcomes.
At the same time, it's important to recognise that a "pre-event" CAD+T2DM is different to ACS and HR-PMI and delivering against our ambition will require us to embrace new customers, patients and pathways, drive stronger medico-marketing integration, deeper market and scientific understanding and build new teams and competencies
As we move into this critical phase in the pre-launch of CAD-T2DM, we have the opportunity to drive this indication and ensure that BRILINTA CAD-T2DM fulfils our ambition and vision.
This role reports to the Head of New Indications BRILINTA and is supported by a cross functional group (Patient & Business Insight, Medical Affairs, Pricing & Market Access, Commercial Excellence, Customer Advocacy and Congresses, etc).
The successful candidate must be a strong matrix leader and global commercial leader for BRILINTA, with specific responsibility for shaping and implementing brand strategy. Clear thinking with the ability to lead, demonstrate passion for the brand and be accountable to deliver a world class launch.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Based upon insights and input from key focus markets, co-create and drive execution of the Global Brand Strategic plan
- Self starter, able to work independently. High personal drive to find new solutions and challenge the broader organisation to deliver
- Drive launch preparation in 6 key markets of US, China, Japan, France, Germany and Italy.
- Continuously evaluate and evolve the global brand strategy and tactics, making course corrections as needed
- Lead an integrated and holistic
- brand strategy, plan and launch campaign development liaising with Medical, Access Commercial Excellence and other relevant functions for input building input and alignment.
- Work with external key disease experts and policy stakeholders relationships in line with brand team objectives - Represent the view of the customer and patient in global teams
- Comply with AZ policies, standards and procedures in every interaction.
Required Skills and experience
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree
- MBA (or equivalent business degree), marketing or life science/public health qualification desirable
- Strong track record at global and local level, of both strategic and operational delivery
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical business, process and activities.
- Minimum 10 years Commercial experience (preferable launch and commercialization of brands within CV or Diabetes therapeutic area)
- Proven ability to lead and contribute to cross functional teams
- Ability to clearly communicate and be credible with senior (ie Board Level) leadership
- Proven experience and applied knowledge of a broad base of external customers
- US, China, Japan launch experience highly desirable
- Direct people management and P&L accountability desirable.
Skills and Capabilities
- Strong leadership with proven track record of change and impact
- Change agent. Ability to drive change and engage the organisation around a shared vision
- Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical marketing and in-depth knowledge of Cardiovascular, CAD or Diabetes
- Demonstrated effective leadership and versatile communication skills
- Presentation, analytical and influencing/negotiation skills
- A flexible, team orientated attitude and X-functional working - willing to contribute own skills to deliver AZ priorities, demonstrating commitment, influencing, challenge and support
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
Internal and External Customers / Contacts
- Global Brand Team
- Global Product Team
- Global Development Team
- Marketing Company commercial and cross functional teams
- Regional VPs
- Therapy Area Lead Team
- Policy Makers
- Direct Reports: None
- Indirect Reports: Leads x-functional teams which can include: Medical, Market Access, Commercial Excellence, Communications, Analytics & Insights, Gov Affairs, R&D, Regulatory, , Finance and Marketing Company team members.
Accountable for the Brand budget.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply now to join us and help turn ideas into life changing medicines!