Maintenance Team Leader
Salary up to: 36,511 per annum + £6,808 shift allowance + excellent benefits. (Depending on experience)
The Refining and Chemicals Europe (R&CE) is part of the Johnson Matthey Efficient Natural Resources sector and has two key sites in the UK, one based in Royston, Hertfordshire and the other at Brimsdown in Middlesex. Employing over 900 people, the refining side of the business concentrates on refining precious metals for utilisation by other internal businesses and external customers. The chemical products side is a leading manufacturer of Platinum Group Metal (PGM) and minor metal compounds, organometallics and fine metal powders for high technology applications, ranging from catalysis to advanced coating applications.
An exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Maintenance Team Leader has arisen. If you wish to join a globally recognized, market-leading technological company based in Royston, this role is for you!
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership to a team of multi-disciplined & multi-skilled engineering technicians to ensure operational needs are met. The role will drive a proactive EHS culture, promote the use of Lean methodologies and ensure safety and quality standards are adhered to.
- Ensure contractors and your own team are performing to JM standards and performance requirements in your area of remit, escalating any issues as necessary and issuing permits to work in line with JM standards.
- Develop and mentor team members to enable them to realise their full potential ensuring there is active engagement in the talent review process
- Co-ordinate effectively available resources and skills within team to meet operational, engineering and maintenance needs
- Liaise with Production to reduce downtime of the plant by timely response and feed-back of issues
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement within your area of responsibility
- To comply with all Environmental, Health and Safety procedures, including the use of PPE, safe working and incident reporting.
- Actively participate in company communications including Toolbox Talks, Safety Flashes, Emails, monthly business updates.
- Co-ordinate and participate in activities such as 5S, CES, Root Cause Problem Solving and Standard Work to include empowerment of team members to carry out regular RCA and CES investigations.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Engineering Qualification such as HNC/HND or equivalent recognised training
- Strong leadership experience within the maintenance environment
- Excellent motivational, coaching, mentoring skills
- Demonstrable ability to influence and persuade others to take appropriate actions
- Experience of implementing talent and workforce planning strategies, organisation design
- Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions
- Resilience to work under sustained pressure
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
You will be required to work a rotating shift pattern working 5 days (07:00am-19:00pm) with following 4 days off.
We offer competitive benefit package which includes but is not limited to: excellent company pension scheme, free lunch, 25 days annual leave, solid training and development programme, medical cash plan, attractive company bonus scheme, share incentive plan and many more!
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
Please apply online at www.matthey.com and follow the links to the careers page. Internal applicants must inform their line manager before applying.
Closing date for applications: 29th October 2017
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.