Analytical Development associates (AS II) - Virology
Title: Analytical Development Associate - Virology
Location: Liverpool, UK
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. We work as partners in bringing life changing medicines to patients, sharing and benefiting from each other's strengths. Our science lives beyond our labs - our global perspective means we use talent and expertise from all over the world to make our medicines a success.
The Flu Manufacturing Science and Technology group is a multi-disciplinary scientific function providing expertise in Virology, Process Development and Analytical Development responsible for influenza strain development for manufacture of the seasonal live attenuated influenza vaccine.
The Analytical Development Group is a is a dynamic function with a strong focus on science and technology, accountable for analytical development providing expertise in analytical biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, cell culture, validation, laboratory automation, validation, and technology transfer. Core capabilities are tightly aligned with our pipeline, business strategy and enable important medicines to be manufactured, tested and delivered to patients.
We are now looking to recruit 2 Analytical Development Associates to join the team in Liverpool. If successful, you will participate in analytical support of the seasonal vaccine strain development activities and the commercial manufacture of seasonal vaccine strains. In addition, you will contribute and function effectively in one or more development projects, generating high quality, accurate data to support the project. Moreover, you will have considerable experience in analytical development, method validation and technology transfer of a range of Virology/Immunological, Biosafety/Tissue culture, Microbiological and Analytical Chemistry methods, with experience in technology, method and operational improvements.
This is a rewarding and challenging development role within a commercial setting. You must be prepared to deliver against tight deadlines.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support to production, quality control and quality assurance groups during investigations
- Liaise and coordinate MS&T activities, ensuring alignment with UK1 business objectives and needs
- Provide technical training and underpinning knowledge training to other site departments to improve underpinning knowledge and understanding.
- May represent the company at regulatory inspections (including FDA & MHRA) and respond to questions
- May prepare, provide information or review regulatory documentation to support company responses to any requests from regulatory agencies
- Interface with other site, MedI, AZ and external functions (OTLS and academic)
- To have a minimum of a life science degree, preferable in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Virology or other science related field, as a minimum
- Considerable hands-on laboratory experience (ideally within a biopharm setting)
- Considerable experience and knowledge of analytical testing requirements of biological manufacturing processes, as well as analytical development of methodologies used to test biological products
- Considerable knowledge of ICH guidelines and experience in analytical validation
- Considerable knowledge of laboratory equipment, facilities, engineering and instrumentation
- Knowledge and experience with analytical testing requirements of biological manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of good experimental design and statistical analysis
- Knowledge of GMP, in particular manufacturing and/or laboratory practices and quality systems
- If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives thrive when making brave decisions - join us.
Opening date: October 19th 2017
Closing date: November 19th 2017
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.