Senior / Principal Statistician, Early Clinical Development
2 days left
- Job Type
- Other job types
Senior/Principal Statistician, Early Clinical Development
Location: Da Vinci building, Melbourn, Cambridge, UK
Applications date: Applications close Friday 1st December
Start date: Ideally January 2018
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives everyday. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
Early Clinical Biometrics is totally focused on delivering innovation, science and seeking out opportunity. This small, dynamic group is looking to expand and we are looking for passionate, innovative individuals to help develop, lead and shape the way we work. We are committed to supporting personal development and growth of individuals.
AstraZeneca's Early Clinical Biometrics group are looking for two talented Statisticians to work at the heart of our Early Clinical Study Teams, who could be hired at either the Senior Statistician or Principal Statistician levels.
As a Senior Statistician your proven statistical expertise will be a key in delivering quality through oversight of studies, interpretation and exploration of data to support decision making.
As a Principal Statistician your proven statistical expertise will be key in influencing across multiple studies to deliver quality analyses through others, interpretation and exploration of data to support decision making and driving best practice
Main duties and responsibilities
- Oversee studies delivered through our partners and providers
- Interpret and present clinical trial results
- Generating information from data through exploratory analysis
- Through partnership with experts, support the development of design options and quantitative decision making
- Innovate and improve study design through Adaptive Design and Bayesian Methods, including trial simulation
- Improve statistical methodology, processes and delivery activities
- A Statistics or Maths related MSc or PhD
- Direct experience of clinical trials, ideally in pharmaceuticals or healthcare
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A collaborative mindset
- Genuine commitment to drive innovation to advance statistical science
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.