Senior Statistician - Oncology
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
We have immediate opportunities in our core Therapy Area: Oncology. Appointment to this position will be at the level consistent with the successful candidate's skills and experience.
As a Statistician in Biometrics & Information Sciences (B&I) - the home of late stage biometrics at AstraZeneca - you will build on your existing experience and knowledge in oncology statistics to play a crucial role delivering one of the most exciting drug portfolios in the industry.
Our Therapeutic Area (TA) aligned Statistics groups oversee and deliver the statistical contribution to design, decision-making, interpretations and communication (internally and externally) of the TA portfolio and is engaged in shaping the TA external environment.
Our Statisticians provide highly experienced strategic input, statistical expertise, and leadership to project teams in the design and interpretation of clinical studies and programmes of studies. Statisticians may also lead strategic capability or business area improvements within the Department. Our Oncology statisticians also have access to support from our Advanced Analytics Center which houses our statistical innovation, modelling and simulation and design expertise.
As part of the Statistics community you will join some of the most respected Statistics experts in the industry, focused on outstanding programme design and delivery of the quality information we need to meet our drug project objectives that drives product development.
B&I drives good design to generate the data needed for quality decision making. The goal of B&I is to deliver value to the pipeline by excellence in delivery, improving decision making, and engaging and shaping the external environment whilst accessing and implementing innovative solutions.
Successful candidates will be located in one of AstraZeneca's key strategic science centres in Cambridge, UK or Gaithersburg, US.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Statistician you will deliver global submissions and depedant upon experience will have the opportunity to be indication lead on crucial elements of our pipeline. Other duties which you may take a supporting or leading role in dependant upon experience:
- Provides statistical expertise for complex design and interpretation of clinical programmes, regulatory submissions and commercialisation
- Analyses internal and external information to inform design decisions and the development of decision criteria
- Develop a Statistical Analysis plan for complex studies and/or project deliveries
- Acts as a coach/guide for less experienced statisticians in the production of analysis, supporting graphics and analysis tables for CSRs, GMA studies or publications
- Provides support to the complex study analysis, regulatory submissions including specification of overview documents and response to regulatory questions
- Able to interpret, summarise and communicate results of complex studies
- Contribute to the regulatory submissions including specification of overview documents and response to regulatory questions
- Identifies opportunities for the application of modelling and simulation to improve study design
- Identifies opportunities to improve the methodology and provide practical solutions for problems
- Identifies and applies statistical methodology to improve the process and delivery activities
- Contributes to the development of best practice to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- MSc/PhD in Statistics or Mathematics(containing a substantial statistical component) preferably with experience in pharma/healthcare or other relevant area
- Knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role and can guide others
- Experience of Development, programme design and data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of regulatory, commercial or early development support work
- Good communication and collaborative working skills
- Leadership and team working Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Expert Statistical programming skills (SAS and R)
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to problems, problem solving and quality focus
- Prior experience within the Oncology Therapy Area would be preferred
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.