Senior Scientist, Mass Spectrometry and Cytometry Imaging
4 days left
- Job Type
- Research Scientist
Position: Senior Scientist, Mass Spectrometry and Cytometry Imaging, Drug Safety & Metabolism.
Salary: Very competitive with excellent benefits.
Location: Cambridge, UK.
We believe science can change lives. Working at AstraZeneca means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world and commit to areas where we feel we can change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a Senior Scientist in the Drug Safety and Metabolism department of AstraZeneca's Innovative Medicine & Early Development (IMED) unit, you will be helping to take new targets and molecules all the way from target idea to marketing and beyond. Following recent significant investment, you will use industry leading mass spectrometry and cytometry technology to drive your own science, collaborate within colleagues and partners in AstraZeneca and Medimmune - as well as with 3rd parties. You will also and provide scientific leadership and contribute to a broad range of activities from early discovery though late stage development.
We are looking for a talented and versatile Senior Scientist with experience of mass spectrometry imaging (MSI) or imaging mass cytometry to join our dynamic team in Cambridge, UK. The successful candidate will work at the interface between pathology and multimodal molecular imaging. As a highly motivated individual you will work collaboratively across multiple projects and technology platforms, be part of a team implementing and developing new methodologies and collaborating both domestically and internationally. You will be keen to support innovation and establish an area of individual specialist expertise.
This role is in a growing, dynamic team which provides the opportunity to participate in cutting edge drug development in a multidisciplinary environment with strong collaborative culture.
- Developing and deploying MS imaging and imaging mass cytometry on a wide range of platforms to a high standard.
- Lead the integration of our new imaging mass cytometry platform to impact on projects
- Develop expertise in data integration across the imaging modalities
- Deliver high quality outcomes in a timely manner.
- Assessment of the safety and efficacy of novel compounds.
- Providing scientific leadership into design, implementation and interpretation of studies.
- Communicating data and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Fostering and expanding internal and external collaborations
- Ph.D. with relevant experience in mass spectrometry
- A strong publication record.
- Ability to make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results independently
- Preparation of precise technical summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintenance of appropriate documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Experience in tissue histology
- Experience in image analysis
- Experience of drug discovery using mass spectrometry or similar bioanalytical platforms
- Experience in a specific disease area, or track record working with immunology or toxicology studies
- Experience in a range of related analytical technologies such as flow cytometry or liquid chromatography
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply now to join us and help us turn ideas into life-changing medicines.