Post-doc position at Center for iPS Cell Research and Application (CiRA), Kyoto University
The Uehiro Research Division for iPS Cell Ethics is home to an interdisciplinary team of researchers who are integrated in an excellent network of international partners. The division is based at the Center for iPS Cell Research and Application (CiRA), Kyoto University, a leading institute on stem cell research, especially iPS cells, from basic science to clinical applications. This environment gives us splendid opportunities to work directly with stem cell scientists in order to challenge the ethical issues surrounding stem cell research.
The Jusaku Minari Lab is seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher interested in research on bioethics and regulations for stem cell clinical applications, genome editing, genomics and other related topics. We offer an active and collaborative work environment in a multidisciplinary field.
“Act for the Promotion of Science, Technology, and Innovation” will be applied to those who engage in the work of this position.
For details of our institute and research in our lab, please visit the sites below:
The desired person should have
- A Ph.D. or equivalent professional experience in a related area
- Academic research and publications or work experience on “bioethics”, “research ethics” or “science and technology studies (STS)” (Keywords: ethical, legal and social issues, regulations and public engagement)
- Flexibility to work collaboratively and willingness to address real life issues on bioethics
- Very good organizational skills and strong ability to work independently
- Very good knowledge of English, both orally and written
From the day you take the position after July 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 with a possibility of renewal until the end of the project (March 31, 2023, but there is the possibility of extending the project).
When the term expires, the employment contract will be terminated. The employment contract can be renewed at the expiration of the contract of fixed-term employment only when you have achieved excellent work performance and demonstrated good work attitude and capabilities. Working conditions may be changed at the renewal of the contract. However excellent your work performance, attitude, and capabilities are, the contract may not be renewed or changes may be made to the current working conditions at the time of renewal, if renewed, due to reasons that the financial status has been changed or that the job contents specified above have become no longer needed because of the reorganization of the lab or reassignment of the lab’s principal investigator.
Kyoto University Post-doctoral Researcher (full-time, annual salary system)
- Salaries are determined based on Kyoto University standards and depend on capabilities and CiRA Recruitment 2020 backgrounds.
- Annual salary includes various allowances.
- Discretionary work system for specialist staff (38 hours and 45 minutes/week, 7 hours and 45 minutes/day)
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, summer break, year-end and new-year break, the anniversary of foundation holiday, and paid holidays
- MEXT Mutual Association of Health Insurance, employee pension insurance, industrial accident compensation insurance, and employment insurance
Deadline for application:
We will close the recruitment when the position is filled
An interview will follow the screening of the application documents. Those who have passed the screening will be informed of the date and time of the interview via e-mail or in writing and may be requested to give a lecture on the research or professional achievements at the interview. (Interviewees will bear their transportation and accommodation expenses for the interview.)
*Results will be informed via e-mail or in writing as soon as the decision is made.
**Applicants who lives overseas could have the interview on Skype.
Kyoto University is promoting gender equality. Woman researchers are encouraged to apply.
Further details of the position and how to apply can be found via the links below:
An application form can be obtained from the following link:
If you would like to enquire about the position or discuss particular aspects please contact Dr Jusaku Minari (minari-g*cira.kyoto-u.ac.jp) Please change “*” to “＠”.
Apply for Post-doc position at Center for iPS Cell Research and Application (CiRA), Kyoto University
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly