Foreign Visiting Professor
Open position for a foreign Visiting Professor in southern Brazil
(Marine macroalgae cultivation and biotechnology)
The Federal University of Rio Grande-FURG, located in southern Brazil, has an open position for a foreign Visiting Professor in the area of marine macroalgae cultivation and biotechnology. To accomplish enrollment, candidates for Visiting Professor position must submit their CV and a work plan containing a proposal of research activities on a topic of their choice, but FURG is eager to receive proposals on the utilization of native macroalgae (e.g. species of Porphyra or Gracilaria) for biomass production, effluent treatment and extraction of bioactive compounds or animal feed products.
The Visiting Professor will join the Post-Graduation Program in Aquaculture - PPGAq, working together with a small but very dynamic research group at Marine Aquaculture Station near Cassino Beach. The PPGAq promotes top research in shrimp and marine fish production, microbe biotechnology, halophyte production, effluent treatment, disease diagnostics, nutrition, environment impacts and fishing community assistance.
The hiring of foreign Visiting Professors will happen, initially, for 2 (two) years, which may be extended up to a maximum of, altogether, 48 (forty-eight) months. Deadlines will be computed from the contract signature date (probably January 2018).
For further information on remuneration and application, please, see link:
Information also can be provided by Dr. César Costa: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Agriculture & Biology Staff Scientist $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Brazil
- Biochemistry, Biophysics & Biomedics Staff Scientist $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Brazil
- Agricultural Staff Scientist $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Brazil
- Biological Staff Scientist $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Brazil
- Biochemistry Staff Scientist $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Brazil