• To organise the Section's activities, to perform routine laboratory procedures, and to oversee laboratory work within the Section.
• To authorise technical documentation and to routinely participate in batch release procedure in relation to the Section's activities. This may extend to other areas within the Department, as required
• To prepare technical documentation within the Department, as required.
• May deputise for the Manager in their absence.
• To appraise staff within the section, including setting and assessing the achievement of objectives.
• To train others as required, to ensure that all members of the Section are adequately trained, and to ensure that appropriate training records are maintained for the Section.
• To maintain sectional expenditure within budgetary constraints.
• To maintain a thorough understanding of international regulatory and ISO requirements pertinent to the Section, and to ensure that all work within the Section complies with these, with departmental procedures and the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice.
• To ensure that all sectional lead times, including those of sub-contract facilities providing a service to the Section are complied with, subject to there being no attenuating circumstances.
• To carry out and manage projects within the Department and at international level, as required.
• To develop and validate laboratory procedures within the Section and with other organisations internationally, as required. This includes the qualification of equipment.
• To review analytical and laboratory data within the Department for accuracy, completeness and compliance with documented procedures.
• To communicate effectively with others on site and internationally, and to participate with them in problem solving activities, as required.
• To carry out any other tasks which may be required from time to time
• Follow Company procedures to ensure the team is managed in an effective way.
• Ensure cGMP is applied in their area of work and comply with cGMP in all areas of the business.
• Degree in Chemistry or strongly related scientific discipline
• At least five years relevant industrial experience
• Extensive experience of instrumental and traditional analytical techniques.
• Supervisory experience desirable
• Ability to work to critical time lines.
• Effective communication skills at all internal and external levels.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills
• Developed time management and project management skills.
Signature of Job Holder:Date:
Signature of Supervisor/Manager:Date: