Postdoc fellow (Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry)
Two postdoctoral positions will be available in the Structure-based Ligand Discovery and Design group led by Dr Hao Fan at the Bioinformatics Institute, A*STAR Singapore (https://web.bii.a-star.edu.sg/~fanh). Fan lab focuses on developing computational methods to study protein-ligand interactions, and applying to GPCRs, transporters, and enzymes.
Research Area: **
We are seeking one experienced research fellow (either senior or junior level is fine) starting from next April who will use a wide range of computational techniques especially covalent docking/modeling to predict/design ligands and study molecular mechanisms. We are also seeking another junior research fellow starting next Jan who will work on transporters and nuclear receptors using a wide range of computational techniques (molecular docking and virtual screening, homology modeling, molecular dynamics simulations).
- PhD in computational biology, broadly defined
- Strong expertise in both protein structure modelling and small molecule docking
- Experience in covalent docking/modelling of protein-ligand interactions is required for the 1st position
- Experience in computational study on membrane proteins or nuclear receptors is preferred for the 2nd position
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to work independently, experience in method development is preferred
- Strong programming/scripting skills and English language skills
- Experience in teamwork (e.g. collaboration with experimental labs) will be a plus
Applicants should send a single pdf containing a one-page cover letter describing prior research/work experience and accomplishments, and a full resume, to Fan (fanh_at_bii.a-star.edu.sg). Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Bioinformatics Institute (BII)
The Bioinformatics Institute (BII) is an institute of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). BII was set up in July 2001 as part of the national initiative to foster and advance biomedical research and human capital for a vibrant knowledge-based Singapore. With a multi-disciplinary focus and collaborative outlook, BII recognises the need for depth and breadth in all its activities for building a thriving world-class biomedical research, graduate training and development hub in Singapore. In addition, BII is proactively involved in building a national resource centre in bioinformatics to meet the evolving needs of the scientific community in Singapore. For more information on A*STAR and BII, please visit: www.a-star.edu.sg and www.bii.a-star.edu.sg respectively.
Apply for Postdoc fellow (Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly