PostDoc: Mitochondrial Homeostasis in neurodegeneration
Description: A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Kristin Gribble in the Josephine Bay Paul Center for Comparative Molecular Biology and Evolution, to study the role of mitochondrial homeostasis in neurodegenerative disease. This project takes a multidisciplinary approach, using phenotypic, transcriptomic, genetic, genomic, epigenetic, biochemical, and imaging methods in a new animal model system, the monogonont rotifer.
The Gribble lab focuses on understanding the cellular, epigenetic, and evolutionary mechanisms of aging. We are specifically investigating the genetic and epigenetic mechanisms of maternal effects in determining offspring health and lifespan. The successful applicant will have the opportunity for independent and novel research in an innovative new laboratory. For more information about the laboratory, please see our website, http://www.mbl.edu/jbpc/gribble/ or contact Dr. Gribble at email@example.com.
The position is available immediately, and is renewable annually depending upon progress.
Qualifications: Applicants should possess a Ph.D. and/or M.D. in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field. The ideal candidate will have a record of scientific rigor, productivity, and creativity; the ability to work both independently and as part of a team; and a strong publication record. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Highly motivated individuals with experience in other model systems are encouraged to apply. The preferred applicant will have a background in mitochondrial biology, developmental biology, and/or neurobiology. Prior experience in confocal microscopy, RNAi, and/or bioinformatics is beneficial.
To apply: Visit http://www.mbl.edu/hr/employment/ to submit:
(1) A cover letter describing your research goals and motivation for joining the lab;
(2) a CV;
(3) a 1-2 page research statement; and
(4) contact information for three references
More jobs like this
- Full Time US Dollars Postdoc Agriculture & Biology jobs in Woods Hole
- Full Time US Dollars Postdoc Medicine jobs in Woods Hole
- Full Time US Dollars Postdoc Neuroscience jobs in Woods Hole
- Full Time US Dollars Postdoc Biological jobs in Woods Hole
- Full Time US Dollars Postdoc Immunology & Microbiology jobs in Woods Hole