PostDoc: Rotifer Genome Editing
Description: The Marine Biological Laboratory seeks a motivated Postdoctoral Scientist to join the laboratories of Kristin Gribble and David Mark Welch in the Josephine Bay Paul Center. The successful candidate will develop genome editing techniques, including CRISPR/Cas9, in rotifers, a novel aquatic invertebrate model system for studies of aging, neurobiology, developmental biology, ecology, and evolution. Specific goals of the project include designing guide RNAs, optimizing microinjection methodologies, phenotyping and genotyping mutant strains, and screening genes of interest.
Qualifications: Applicants should have a Ph.D. in biology, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field. This position requires proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques, microscopy, microinjection, and CRISPR/Cas9 methodology. This position requires an independent, organized, enthusiastic, and productive individual with robust problem solving skills. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic are essential. Position level and salary will depend upon education and experience. The ideal candidate will have working familiarity with RNAi techniques, transgenic protocols, and confocal microscopy. Proficiency in bioinformatics is a plus. Previous experience in established animal model or in non-model systems is preferred.
To apply: Visit http://www.mbl.edu/hr/employment/ to submit:
- Cover letter describing your research goals, specific interest in joining our group, and what you would contribute to the project
- Contact information for 3-4 references
More searches like this
- Full Time US Dollars Postdoc Agriculture & Biology jobs in Woods Hole
- Full Time US Dollars Postdoc Medicine jobs in Woods Hole
- Full Time US Dollars Postdoc Neuroscience jobs in Woods Hole
- Full Time US Dollars Postdoc Biological jobs in Woods Hole
- Full Time US Dollars Postdoc Immunology & Microbiology jobs in Woods Hole