As a Support Worker, you will be working with individuals and their families providing practical and emotional support. You would be required to work in a team to provide high quality, professional service that enables individuals to achieve their aspirations and life goals through support and empowerment.
The level of support will vary from daily living skills, personal care, travelling, the teaching of life skills to assist with accessing community-based activities such as going to college, work placements, swimming and other social and leisure activities.
To promote independence, life skills and informed choices in accordance with the individual care plan and to enhance inclusion in the community
• Assisting with washing, bathing, showering, oral care or grooming
• Continence management
• Using manual handling equipment as specified.
• Provide assistance with customers leisure time activities, on and off-site
• Assisting with prescribed medication
• Assist customers to go to bed and wake up in the morning, including undressing or dressing and washing
• Preparation of meals and assistance with feeding
• Support customers at appointments
• Encourage customers to participate in community events
• Be flexible, adaptive and creative in order that the response to the changing needs of customers is appropriate