Role: Data Analyst
Location: West London
Duration: 7 months
Start Date: ASAP
Rates: £250-350/day (negotiable)
My London based client is currently looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join them for an initial 7 month contract for maternity cover. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a growing Finance and Analytics team on one of the largest Big Data platforms in the world processing over 100 petabytes per day. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering actionable analytics insights and will understand both data extraction and modelling, as well as insight presentation and business partnership.
* Support timely Business Decision making through the Provision of Actionable Insights including ad-hoc deep dives, business case preparation and Forecasting etc.
* Collaborate with other analysts, share techniques and be part of building a diverse and innovative team, including expertise in neural networks or account linking logic
* Work with Business Partners to scope analysis to answer key business questions - challenge their thinking and become a trusted business partner. Help the business prioritize analytical deliverables and manage their expectations
* Identify, extract and analyse relevant information from multiple data sources (primarily Teradata and Hadoop)
* Measure and interpret the impact of business initiatives and new products and features.
* Assess internal/external factors that may influence customer behaviour and key metrics
* Develop and deliver the business impact analysis and effectively communicate this to business and finance partners
* Work closely with local and global business partners
* An established analytical career with previous experience as a Data Scientist or Advanced Analytics professional preferably within a banking, e-commerce, retail or consultancy environment
* Graduate degree (ideally in a quantitative field)
* Proven ability in clearly defining a problem, collating the required information, analysing the results and presenting findings and recommendations
* Advanced level skills in SQL, Tableau and Excel are a must. Proven experience in analysis of relational databases [Teradata or Hadoop]. R/SAS Desirable
* Strong written communication & PowerPoint presentation skills
* Strong technical and financial modelling skills with commercial business acumen
* Strong Experience of working with big data, including data extraction & optimization techniques, and reporting/visualization, in particular with Tableau or similar data visualization tool
If this role sounds of interest, please reply with your up to date CV for more information.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.