Research Fellow for ATI programme
The University invites applications for a Research Fellow to work with Professor Jon Binner on an ATI programme involving Rolls-Royce. The main theme of the project is to produce and characterise oxide-oxide composites and evaluate them for their end application.
Applicants will be expected to hold a first degree in Materials Science / Materials Engineering or a related subject and a PhD degree (in a relevant area) or equivalent qualifications. Also they should possess a proven research track record in technical ceramics or ceramic-based composites.
The successful candidate will join the vibrant ceramics research group in the School of Metallurgy and Materials at the University of Birmingham. Further information about the School of Metallurgy and Materials is available on http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/metallurgy-materials/index.aspx
• PhD or equivalent in materials science & engineering.
• Practical experience of applying skills and techniques associated with the processing and characterisation of ceramic materials and especially of oxide ceramic-based composites.
• High level analytical capability and an ability to analyse information and communicate complex information effectively. A good ability to access and organise resources effectively.
• Fluency in relevant models, techniques and methods and an ability to contribute to developing new ones.
• Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes.