Postdoctoral Fellowship in Computational Cancer Biology
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Computational Cancer Biology:
Translational Research in Lymphoid Malignancies
@ Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (Toronto, Canada)
The Kridel lab is seeking a talented postdoctoral fellow to lead key research projects that are ongoing in the lab. The research will focus on one or more of the following topics: (i) single cell RNAseq; (ii) quantifying and modeling tumour evolution; (iii) analysis of multi-dimensional next-generation sequencing datasets. The PDF will design and carry out experiments to address key questions in the above topics and lead the writing of scientific manuscripts. Highly motivated individuals with a desire to make an impact in the field of cancer genomics are encouraged to apply.
For representative projects please consider the following references:
- Histological Transformation and Progression in Follicular Lymphoma: a Clonal Evolution Study. Kridel R, Chan FC, Mottok A, … Gascoyne RD, Shah P. PLOS Medicine. 2016 Dec 13;13(12):e1002197. PMID: 27959929.
- Integration of Gene Mutations Improves Risk Prognostication in Patients Receiving First-line Immunochemotherapy for Follicular Lymphoma in Clinical Trial and Population-Based Cohorts. Pastore A, Jurinovic V, Kridel R, Hoster E, … Gascoyne RD, Weinstock DM, Weigert O. Lancet Oncol. 2015 Sep;16(9):1111-22. PMID: 26256760.
- Whole transcriptome sequencing reveals recurrent NOTCH1 mutations in mantle cell lymphoma. Kridel R, Meissner B, … Weng AP, Steidl C, Gascoyne RD. Plenary Paper. Blood. 2012 Mar 1;119(9):1963-71. PMID: 22210878.
The PDF should hold a PhD degree in bioinformatics, computer science, statistics or molecular biology and possess exceptional computational skills. Excellent communication skills are required, as is the willingness to work in a team environment.
We have an interest in B-cell lymphomas and are focusing on scenarios that are associated with poor outcome such as early progression after treatment, transformation to aggressive lymphoma and relapse in the central nervous system. We are applying cutting-edge tools to primary patient samples to unravel tumour heterogeneity and to develop novel, innovative biomarkers to predict outcome in lymphoma. Furthermore, we are leveraging novel findings from discovery platforms to elucidate mechanisms of lymphoma pathogenesis and treatment resistance. Our ultimate goal is to improve patient outcomes through a better understanding of the diversity of responses to treatment and by tailoring therapy to each individual patient. See our lab website for further information: https://kridel-lab.github.io/.
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (PMCC) is one of the top 5 cancer centres in the world. PMCC is a teaching hospital within the University Health Network and affiliated with the University of Toronto, with the largest cancer research program in Canada. This rich working environment provides ample opportunities for collaboration and scientific exchange with a large community of clinical, genomics, computational biology and machine learning groups at the University of Toronto and associated institutions, such as the Ontario Institute of Cancer Research, Hospital for Sick Children and Donnelly Centre.
How to apply
Submit a CV, a copy of your most relevant paper, and the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should start with “POSTDOC COMPBIO -- RKLAB”. All documents should be provided in PDF.
More searches like this
- Biochemistry, Biophysics & Biomedics Postdoc Fellowship €40,000 - €49,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Mathematics & Computing Postdoc Fellowship €40,000 - €49,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Molecular Biology Postdoc Fellowship €40,000 - €49,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Genetics Postdoc Fellowship €40,000 - €49,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Computer Sciences Postdoc Fellowship €40,000 - €49,999 Full Time jobs in Canada