Ruby Software Engineer
Role: Ruby Software Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Rates: up to £725/day
My central London based client is currently looking for an experienced Ruby Software Engineer to join them for an initial 6 month contract.
The successful candidate will be a Ruby Application Developer who is experienced in building cloud based applications in AWS. This will have been completed using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments and Agile XP techniques such as TDD and Pair Programming.
You will also have experienced in the following three areas:
- Network automation
- Security automation
- Platform builds
You will need technical competency in building automated pipelines and developing against APIs using Agile techniques as well as having knowledge of wider integration points and IT architectures (networks, security, databases etc.)
- A strong development or infrastructure senior engineer with hands on experience of cloud based security technologies across multiple cloud providers, proficient in Ruby and familiar with Terraform, Ansible & Jenkins/Concourse focusing on delivering services that are loosely coupled, highly scalable and coded to cope with failure at every level
- Excellent knowledge of creating and managing continuous delivery pipelines enabling continuous integration using TDD with high coverage in a multi-tenant, full stack production enterprise cloud configuration where rolling intra-day upgrades are BAU, security and audit requirements are met by default
- A champion to help guide others on a variety of architectural and strategic initiatives offering pragmatic, cost effective options founded from experience of creating and developing secure enterprise cloud services
- A responsible engineer who views TDD and software engineering as a 'craft' with experience or special interest in 'infrastructure as code' through automation and continuous delivery
- A versatile engineer who has exposure of networking, virtualisation and all aspects of security having deployed to multiple cloud environments
- A senior team player who is confident to mentor and train others. Comfortable working at technical and senior exec levels. Eager to share knowledge and extend capabilities into new technologies
- A trusted advisor who is forward thinking, supportive of successful delivery and achievement comes from collaborative team effort with strong communication skills.
My client is looking to recruit for this role ASAP and can interview over the Christmas period.
If this role sounds of interest and you require further information, please respond with an up to date copy of your CV for more information.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.