Java Developer, AWS, TDD, Paired Programming, Maven
I currently have a position available for a Java Developer with strong experience of TDD and ideally coming from and E commerce background.
Role: Senior Java Developer
Duration: 6 months
Roles & responsibilities
- Actively part of sprint planning, backlog grooming and task estimation.
- Elaboration of user stories (technical and functional) into design sketches and coding tasks.
- Hands-on design and development with a self-organizing and cross-functional agile team using techniques such as Test Driven Development (TDD) and Pair Programming
- Influence the design and technology stack and technical direction of the team.
- Champion and coach peers in software engineering best practices and best of breed technology.
- Working closely with the quality assurance team (technical testers) to identify risks and to support the development of complex test scripts.
- Programming languages: Java 8
- Build tools: Gradle (or) Maven
- Architectural styles: Web services, SOA, REST API, Micro services
- Code versioning tools: GIT (or) Mercurial
- Unit testing: JUnit
- Java IDE: IntelliJ (or) Eclipse
- Web framework: Experience in any of the popular web frameworks like JSF, Struts, Spring MVC.
- Application Lifecycle Management Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, NexusPro (or) similar.
- Working practices: Knowledge and experience of agile frameworks and practices: Scrum/Kanban, user stories, BDD/TDD, DevOps, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming etc.
- Cloud technologies: Amazon Web Services (Lambda, Dynamo DB, Elastic Cache, SQS, SNS, API gateway, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, IAM, EC2, S3)
- Search technologies: ElasticSearch and/or Apache Solr
- Content management tools: like Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Knowledge of code monitoring tools like PMD, Checkstyle and SonarQube.
If this position interests you please get in touch.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.