Scientist/Sr.Scientist - Strain Development
CJM RECRUITING SOLUTIONS in partnership with one of our synthetic biology clients is looking to identify and recruit a Scientist/Sr. Scientist - Strain Development as we continue expanding our research team. The complexities of working with our anaerobic platform mean that for our Strain Development Team we seek to have someone who has a strong microbiology background and has utilized a variety of metabolic engineering/strain engineering/molecular biology techniques and technologies.
This role will report to either our Director MoBio (Strain Development) or our CEO. The individual will be tapped to work with anaerobic microorganisms, with very little research completed on their overall applications at this time. The unique utilization of these microorganisms require extreme attention to detail and focus on keeping the cell culturing environment correct at all times. It will give the right Scientist a great amount of opportunity to really flex their intellect, create a product with a very focused team and work for a very successful seasoned research team in the space of bio-renewables.
- Experienced in culturing of strictly anaerobic microorganisms-
- Experience in culturing of gas utilizing microorganisms
- Experience in molecular biology techniques including DNA isolation, RNA isolation, transformation, PCR, and cloning.
- Experience in DNA software platforms including DNAstar or similar programs
- Experience in new cloning techniques including Topo cloning, seamless cloning, and ligation-free cloning,
- Experience in chemical and site-directed mutagenesis.
- Experience in gene expression analysis including RNAseq and qPCR.
What you should have :
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Systems Biology, Microbiology, Metabolic Engineering, Protein Engineering. (MS with 10+ years of experience will be considered).
- Proven track record of attention to detail in all aspects of laboratory work including sterile technique, notebook keeping, project planning and EH&S.
- The ability to work in a team environment and work on whatever projects promote the success of the team.
- The ability to work independently on a day to day basis to further team goals.
- Proven record of maturity in dealing with coworkers and management.
The organization has a full benefits plan, paid vacation, great work environment, and strong collaborative muscle.
Relocation Assistance will be provided if necessary.
More searches like this
- Agriculture & Biology Research Scientist $100,000 or more Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Biochemistry, Biophysics & Biomedics Research Scientist $100,000 or more Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Biological Research Scientist $100,000 or more Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Immunology & Microbiology Research Scientist $100,000 or more Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Molecular Biology Research Scientist $100,000 or more Full Time jobs in San Francisco