Post Doc in Terahertz Biomolecular Optics
The Markelz Group at the University at Buffalo (UB) is seeking an exceptional post doctoral researcher in terahertz biomolecular optics. Our team has developed unique expertise in measuring biomolecular structural dynamics using terahertz light. We are studying how these dynamics influence energy transfer in photosynthesis proteins as well as enzyme catalysis. We are funded by the NSF, DOE and NIH. UB is a premier, top-ranked public research university. We are located on an international border with Canada, minutes away from Niagara Falls and approximately 1 ½ h drive from Toronto. The Buffalo area has a low cost of living with excellent housing and easy access to vibrant arts and entertainment scene.
- PhD in experimental physics, biophysics, structural biology, chemistry or biochemistry
- Record of publications in refereed scientific journals
- Excellent writing and speaking communication skills in English
- Demonstrated background in optical innovation and state of the art techniques
- Strong desire to understand connection between biomolecular structural dynamics and function
- Development of optical systems, preferably in the THz range.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to supervise students
- Labview programming
- Experience with Pymol, VMD, MD simulation, Python, Comsol, and/or Igor
- Semiconductor photolithography
- Experience in expression, purification and crystallization of proteins
- Broadband terahertz spectroscopy using an amplified laser system. Pump-Probe measurements.
More searches like this
- Biochemistry, Biophysics & Biomedics Postdoc $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Biophysics Postdoc $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Physical & Earth Sciences Postdoc $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Biochemistry Postdoc $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Canada
- Molecular Biology Postdoc $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Canada