POST-DOCTORAL POSITION 3 years
The Dean of II Faculty of Medicine with English Language Division is opening a competition for a full-time post-doctoral position at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of Lublin, Poland. The position is part of an on-going project on the fine-tuned control of cell communication and signalling, financed by the NCN (Polish National Science Centre).
RESEARCH PROJECT OBJECTIVES
The goal of the project is to control some of the cell communication systems that regulate cell differentiation and tissue organisation. Some of these signalling systems generate ambiguous responses depending of the context, as well as the level and duration of the activation. The aim of the project is to understand the bivalent nature of some of the cell communication mechanisms. To achieve this we employ cutting-edge molecular biology techniques including gene editing and light-inducible tools.
- PhD degree in Medical Biology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology or Bioengineering (or closely related fields). PhD students with an exam date before the deadline are able to apply with the condition that an official certificate, stating that the student has satisfactorily fulfilled the requirements for the degree, is presented by the deadline.
- Good practical and theoretical knowledge of human and microbial molecular biology and genetics.
- Formal, or informal, bioinformatics experience, preferentially protein modelling. In either case this should be supported by publications.
- Experience with biosensors and/or reporter systems.
- Proven skills (as scientific publications) in advanced molecular biology, gene editing technologies, molecular cloning, optogenetics, flow cytometry, fluorescence imaging, viability, proliferation, invasion tests and biostatistics analyses.
- Great work capacity and enthusiasm for research. To be able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. The working language is English.
- Publications in refereed journals, postgraduates diplomas, experience in quality management, applications for founding or teaching abilities will be considered as additional advantages. Internships abroad are regarded as decisive to the post.
- Previous experience in animal models (xenografts, transgenic and/or knockouts) is considered advantageous.
- Carrying out the practical laboratory work described in the project and to oversee the day-to-day activities in the laboratory
- Perform in silico and bioinformatics analyses.
- To create, clone, and test mutagenesis libraries
- To analyse and interpret the data.
- To help the PhD student to get acquainted with the Department and the equipment within, particular with complex and novel techniques.
- Publishing research data from the project. Presenting the data in the internal biweekly meetings, as well as in the Department’s monthly meetings.
- Presenting the result of the project in national and international conferences
- Attending courses to gain knowledge on how to analyse the scientific data as well as how to handle the different techniques needed for the project.
- Good working and social skills. The postdoc will work in close collaboration with a PhD student and the PI, as well as the rest of the PI’s team (PhD students and other postdoc), and in some cases, with other members of the department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and collaborators.
The application will continue until May 31st or until a suitable candidate fills the post
Apply via our website:
More searches like this
- Biochemistry, Biophysics & Biomedics Postdoc Fellowship €20,000 - €24,999 Full Time jobs in Poland
- Biophysics Postdoc Fellowship €20,000 - €24,999 Full Time jobs in Poland
- Biochemistry Postdoc Fellowship €20,000 - €24,999 Full Time jobs in Poland
- Molecular Biology Postdoc Fellowship €20,000 - €24,999 Full Time jobs in Poland
- Genetics Postdoc Fellowship €20,000 - €24,999 Full Time jobs in Poland