Application / Systems Engineer - Innovate in Automotive
Modelling & Simulation Engineer - Automotive - Incredible Innovation
NonStop Technical are working with one of the leading innovating R&D engineering companies in the world. They are pioneering the future of electrification working on projects from A-Z advancing technology in the automotive industry. You can definitely be assured that you will be constantly challenged, learn a huge amount and will never be bored in this company!
Our client will consider both permanent and contract staff depending on the circumstances.
We are searching for a skilled and motivated candidate in the area of Modelling and Simulation to support the development of mechatronic and electrified drivetrain products (active differentials, disconnects, drive units and transmissions) within its Electrification and Mechatronics competency group.
The position is full time and based in Brugge, Belgium.
This work involves developing models with several layers of fidelity of vehicle systems and components, administering libraries of developed components and building vehicle level models to simulate and analyze products to expand Dana's commitment to products that improve vehicle safety, performance and fuel economy.
- Drivetrain components and drivetrain systems (axes and transmissions) will be modelled to simulate and analyze from vehicle level to component level the performance and efficiency of hybrid & electric vehicles and conventional vehicles (transmission focus);
- Use model in the loop simulation framework (MIL) to investigate controller design options and/or enable driveline controls team to leverage the developed models;
- Use hardware in the loop simulation framework (HIL) to verify and validate software and ECU's and/or enable stakeholders to leverage the developed models;
- Employ underlying physics and/or model based on empirical data via use of system identification tools for parameter identification or plant model development;
- Participate in development of model design and validation for advanced EV/ HEV drives. Leverage developed models for other stakeholders;
- Follow Program Management and Stage Gate development processes to meet project goals.
- You have a master science degree in Electromechanical, Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering, a specialization in mechatronics is preferred;
- You have minimum 4 years experience in modeling vehicle dynamic, powertrain, actuator, or transmission subsystems, with at least 3 years of experience using Simulink and Simscape model based software;
- You are fluent in Matlab / Simulink / Simscape Experience;
- You have experience in Plant Model Development and MIL execution;
- You are familiar with DoE for parametric studies on system;
- You have very strong analytical problem solving skills;
- You have the ability to successfully function in a team with cross-functional team members;
- You have excellent organizational and follow-up skills, problem solving, planning and decision making. You are a self-directed and motivated individual who is organized and able to accept multiple tasks and responsibilities;
- You are able to travel internationally (10% typical);
- You are fluent in English;
- You must be able to work in an international, diverse team.
- A challenging job, with room for initiative and focus on innovation;
- The opportunity to become a member of the Electrification and Mechatronics Engineering Group
- The opportunity to work for a thought leader in their market;
- A function with an international context and contacts;
- The opportunity to share knowledge and experience with their engineering departments worldwide and with research institutes and universities;
- An innovative, driven and open organization, offering many possibilities to grow in your career.
If you are interested in applying for this position or can recommend somebody please contact me, Conor Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +32 (0) 240 349 80. If you are looking for similar opportunities please contact me to have a private discussion about potential opportunities.
I am a specialist head hunter(recruiter) for Automotive in BENELUX. I offer a number of search options within the industry with a special focus on the Automotive industry,
NonStop is one of the largest and fastest growing specialised recruitment companies in Europe. Our offices are located in the UK, Switzerland and the Czech Republic and we hold labour leasing licences across Europe. Please visit our website for a full list of the niche markets we cover.
Automotive, R & D, research, development, engineering, technical, design, system, mechatronic, mechanical, electrical, electronic, modelling, quality, project, management, CATIA, CFD, CAD, TTT, Trainer, motor, sensor, control, software, test, testing, powertrain, body, production, Simulation
What I offer: A high level of knowledge of Automotive recruitment, therefore not just finding you suitable roles but in addition to this offering accurate an honest advice about salaries, work conditions and department reputation