Aga Khan University Examination Board (AKU-EB) is Pakistan’s first private Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education that offers qualifications in both English and Urdu. AKU-EB's primary purpose is to improve the quality of education. It achieves this by making examinations of reputable standard more accessible to Pakistani students so that AKU-EB qualifications are increasingly valued by leading higher education institutions within and outside the country.
The Examination Board was established by Aga Khan University in August 2003 in accordance with Ordinance CXIV of the Government of Pakistan to offer examination services for both Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC).
Reporting to the Associate Director, Operations, you will be responsible for management of information system and data handling at AKU-EB which will include capturing and processing of complete examination board data, its maintenance, archiving and supervising analysis, educational measurement activities. You will also organize and manage data processing center, IT infrastructure and customer services at AKU-EB. Costing, scheduling and supervising casual staff to fulfill one-off contracts is a recurrent feature of the role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Management of exam-processing cycle and the inherent activities with a view of improving efficiency and meeting deadlines
- Leading school affiliation and student enrolment & registration process
- Management of examination paper printing, packaging and dispatch process in liaise with technology partners; improve in light of lessons-learned
- Overseeing conduct of theory and practical examinations across Pakistan
- Management of examination papers scanning and marking activities
- Facilitating result compilation, tabulation and timely publication
- Management of various services offered by Operations department to EB affiliated schools/ students
- Overseeing the school/student enquiry process and ensure that customer services standards are met
- Providing leadership regarding the updates required into the EPS (Exam Processing System) based on the emerging business needs
- Conducting presentations/orientation sessions on the IT infrastructure for various stakeholders and visitors of AKU-EB
- Facilitating the management of overall data handling infrastructure at AKU-EB including liaison with the AKU-IT team for new product development, maintenance & back up of the existing systems and documents
- Line management responsibility for staff members involved in exam processing, logistics and data analysis
- Training & development of the staff so as to ensure greater organizational efficiency and transparency
- School surveys, test piloting, data collection and preparation of report.
Candidates should have:
- Masters in Information Engineering and Management/Computer Science from a reputed institute
- Five years’ experience of managing data processing centers including two to three years’ experience of managing multifaceted database
- Excellent multi-disciplinary coordination and training skills
- Excellent data processing, information technology skills
- Well conversant in applying principles of customer service
- Good English communication, presentation, administrative and people management skills.