Sr. Wireless Protocol Software Engineer
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings - carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Scope of Position:
We advance the design, development and maintenance of embedded software for 3G/LTE radio access network and core network protocols and subsystems. Integrate radio interface functions with policy, session management and configuration subsystems. Champion internal test and QA teams and external field support engineers to complete interoperability and acceptance testing in wireless operator networks. Participate in architecture, design and code reviews and deliver peer feedback. Drive the debugging of field issues through log analysis and other field data.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, telecommunications, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in embedded C/C++ programming for design and development of communication protocols including stellar debugging skills.
- Excellent understanding and track record in development experience with LTE E-UTRAN and/or UMTS radio interface protocols.
- Hands-on experience with layered cellular protocol stack implementation on resource constrained embedded processors using multi-threaded programming model. Confirmed ability to use debug tools and knowledge of runtime environment to expertly isolate and fix bugs.
- Knowledge of 3GPP specifications, particularly RRC. Knowledge of NAS, S1AP and security and ciphering related procedures is desired.
- Understanding of end-to-end procedures used for voice and data call establishment, mobility, and interworking with core network entities.
- Knowledge of 3GPP Evolved Packet System is desired.
- Working knowledge of IP protocol stack.
- You will collaborate and write concise functional, implementation and test design documents and follow methodology to insure compliance to requirements.
- Able to perform and take technical ownership across complete software product life cycle and release management with a minimum of 3-5 years of visionary software architecture and design experience.
- Self-motivated, self-starter and detail oriented engineer who can prioritize work and handle multiple multi-functional tasks.
- Standout colleague passionate about quality, committed to conducting robust systematic testing to find faults before customer does and ability to work with internal and external customers during QA and IOT in collaborative environment.
- Confirmed technical background including ability to interact effectively with a variety of organizations and works well with people. Self-starter, fast-learner and a problem solver with ability to think architecturally and enjoys multitasking.
This position supports immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.