Description & Requirement
The Center for Modeling, Simulation and Imaging in Medicine (CeMSIM) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA invites applications for postdoctoral associate positions to work on projects funded by the NIH on developing virtual surgery technology. The ideal candidate will develop the next generation real time surgical simulation technology based on advanced physics-based computational methods, robotic systems and machine learning algorithms.
- PhD in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Background in artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Strong background in Computer Graphics.
- Strong background with object-oriented programming, inheritance and abstraction.
- Ability to develop software on Windows and Linux
- Familiar with multithreaded programming
- A strong interest in computer graphics and/or game development.
Interested candidates may apply to Professor Suvranu De (email@example.com) with a cover letter, detailed CV, a copy of the publication deemed as best representative of the candidate’s creative research, and names and email addresses of three referees.
Applications from minority and women are especially encouraged. RPI is an Equal
opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.