Senior Project Controller
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, its part of our spirit.
A Senior Project Controller is a wide ranging role that interfaces with a number of key project stakeholders across the business, but primarily with Senior Project Managers, Control Account Managers and Programme Managers (henceforth known as ‘Project Manager’). The principle purpose of the role is to:
- Support assigned Project Manager(s) to promote good planning practice and ensure scope, schedule & budget adherence.
- Monitor, report & flag concerns, exceptions and issues through recognised escalation routes, along with proposed solutions.
- Work with assigned Project Manager(s) to scope project requirements into a coherent WBS, OBS and RAM.
- Ensure that scope changes are reflected in the WBS, OBS, RAM and project schedule.
- Analyse the impact of scope changes, making recommendations to assigned Project Manager(s).
- Produce resourced & time phased schedules with critical paths to help ensure that all tasks are complete and milestones are achieved on target and within budget.
- Maintain a project baseline schedule and track changes to the baseline as the project progresses.
- Ensure that schedules are produced to a detail in accordance with the project time frame, employing rolling wave planning where appropriate.
- Regularly collect task status and update the schedule, analyse any variation or forecasted variation to plan
- Carry out Schedule Quality Analysis, Schedule Uncertainty Analysis, Schedule Risk Analysis and Critical Path Analysis on schedules as required within assigned projects.
- Identify vertical and horizontal dependencies and deliverables so that cross-schedule links can be made and maintained.
- Review ETCs, EACs and other inputs with budget holders and submit updated forecasts to financial system. Agree identified variances and progress solutions with assigned Project Manager(s) and Project Accountant.
- Track all expenditure on assigned projects, analyse spending trends and estimate final costs, reporting any deviation from baseline.
- Carry out Cost Risk Analysis on schedules as required within assigned projects.
- Ensure that each work package within a project schedule is associated with the relevant earned value technique.
- Update each work package within a project schedule at the required frequency to log project performance as reported by assigned Project Manager(s).
- Generate Earned Value reports at the required frequency and review & address identified variances with assigned Project Manager(s) and Project Accountant.
- Ensure resource demand and supply (headcount) data in plans accurately reflects requirements. Challenge demands with assigned Project Manager(s) and other key stakeholders where necessary.
- Provide resource profile output from schedules into the resource management system used by the business.
- Create and maintain risk registers. Organise and facilitate regular risk reviews with risk owners and track mitigation actions. Include mitigation actions in plans and schedules as part of performance measurement baselines.
- Provide risk and related data in agreed formats for reporting purposes.
- Escalate, as necessary, extraordinary risk & issue impacts to project constraints that could adversely affect project success.
- Maintain high level Risk Network schedules for use in Schedule Risk Analysis
- Organise and facilitate regular project progress reviews with team, track progress and ensure all are aware of forthcoming activities.
- Generate schedule, risk, cost, resource, Earned Value and related metrics in agreed formats for capture & reporting.
- Ensure that a performance measurement baseline is produced for each assigned project.
- Ensure that changes to the project's performance measurement baseline are controlled and formally approved by the project manager prior to implementing.
- Good working knowledge of project lifecycles, phases and governance.
- Able to contribute effectively to project governance activities by critically analysing project health in terms of project scope, schedule, risk and key project metrics
- Support bids by providing schedules, resource demand and costing/estimates for the bid opportunity and the activities related to bid execution in line with the GDUK Project Capture Process (PCP).
- Can create, maintain and report project schedules using Microsoft Project, and use EVM to effectively manage and report progress on a project.
- Has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Can create, maintain and report risks using a risk management tool (such as Active Risk Manager (ARM)), and carry out Schedule Risk Analysis using risk management tool & Microsoft Project.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Mathematics & Computing Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Cardiff (Caerdydd)
- Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Cardiff (Caerdydd)
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Cardiff (Caerdydd)
- Engineering (Miscellaneous) Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Cardiff (Caerdydd)
- Computer Sciences Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Cardiff (Caerdydd)