Software Developer Placement
7 days left
- Job Type
Software Developer Placement
London, England, United Kingdom · Placement
You love making engaging, beautiful interfaces and writing great, maintainable code. You love music, and you’re inspired by easy-to-use, award-winning interfaces. You’re friendly and enjoy working in a small group.
You’ll be developing new software and adding features to existing apps across the Ampify brand. You’ll be involved in the design process right from the start, so your opinions and ideas will be central to the development of new functionality. You’ll spend a great deal of time thinking about how to improve our interfaces to get the best possible user experience. You’ll work very closely with other developers on the team to create beautiful and engaging user interfaces.
- Develop engaging and beautiful interfaces.
- Translate user stories into functionality.
- Write excellent, maintainable code, and take part in code reviews.
- Discuss design and implementation details with the rest of the team.
- You dream of make amazing software, and have something to show already.
- You’re interested in either:
- Swift, Objective-C or C++
- You can empathise with music-making users and want to improve functionality.
- You get on well in a small team, working closely and communicating clearly with others.
- You make music or have experience with music software.
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £15k per year (£16k in London), and you get to share in some of the same benefits as our permanent employees; an employee purchase scheme, free breakfast and lunch, company music events, lunch and learns from across the business and external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and creating awesome music making experiences for our customers.
Our four brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify, come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
Focusrite is The Interface Company. That’s what it does. More people record and listen to their productions through Focusrite than any other interface brand. The Focusrite Pro division has been created as a distinct group, focused on serving the unique needs of commercial operations.
From the ubiquitous Launchpad 8 x 8 grid behind over a billion YouTube views, to the synthesisers behind a constantly evolving new musical landscape, Novation plays a huge part in shaping the music and art of tomorrow.
Born out of Novation and based in Tileyard, Kings Cross, Ampify holds true to our fundamental purpose, creating cool music-making software that brings the life-enriching experience of music making to a larger audience than ever before.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply for as many of our placements as you wish.
Timetable for applications
Deadline to apply: Monday 7th January 2019
Interviews: February 2019
Offers made by: Monday 18th March 2019
More searches like this
- Chemical Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Internship jobs in London (Central)
- Mathematics & Computing Engineer UK Sterling Internship jobs in London (Central)
- Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Internship jobs in London (Central)
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Internship jobs in London (Central)
- Civil & Structural Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Internship jobs in London (Central)