Group Category Manager - Networks, Telecoms and Security
An opportunity has arisen for a procurement professional to join the IM procurement team. Working in an international context, the successful candidate will bring their experience and knowledge to ensure effective category management across the Network, Telecoms and (IT) Security perimeter. The team works across the MBDA group in a changing environment, managing and implementing both mature services and new services and technologies.
To manage an international, multifunctional team in the sourcing and management of suppliers within the Network, Telecoms and (IT) Security (NTS) perimeter, undertaking contract management and competitions to ensure the procurement of contracts at the best possible price, delivery and quality with the purpose of optimising operational service and contributing to company savings targets.
Key success factors:
- Working as a business partner with our IM colleagues to improve business outcomes
- Creating and implementing supplier relationships to deliver new technologies and services to the business
- Intelligently developing and deploying a range of sourcing strategies in cooperation with internal stakeholders
- Aggregating and coordinating requirements across the MBDA Group (and, where appropriate, with MBDA shareholders) to ensure that we are able to optimise the MBDA position
What’s in it for you?
- The role provides an excellent opportunity to:
- join a growing company, working in a challenging environment;
- influence the evolution of the company’s IM environment; and
- develop new models for the implementing (or discarding) of new solutions
- The position will involve working and travelling internationally with fellow procurement professionals, with internal stakeholders (internal customers, procurement colleagues, legal advisors) and with key suppliers
- Well resourced training and development programmes
What’s great about the team?
- The IM procurement team is an excellent mixture of experienced and developing professionals located in UK, France and Italy
- The team is knowledgeable and enthusiastic, placing great value on sharing knowledge and exchanging ideas;
- The team covers a broad range of topics, with a wide range of contracts ranging from short turnaround low value to strategically important service contacts.
- The team works with a wide range of stakeholders, based both in the UK and in the rest of the group, including the small UK legal team.
- The team successfully delivers the service levels and the cost optimisation required by the business within a supportive environment where team spirit is highly value
What are we looking for?
- Ideally a degree calibre procurement professional with experience of working in an international environment
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated their ability to create effective teams (in a culturally sensitivity environment) supported by excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A proven ability to:
- influence multi-functionally, multi-nationally and at all levels within the organisation
- implement technology and service changes when working with internal stakeholders
- identify and implement negotiation strategies through a multi-function team
- Good understanding of IT goods / services and the evolution of the category
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
More searches like this
- Chemical Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Civil & Structural Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Aerospace & Automotive Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire