Mechanical Design Placement
Mechanical Design Placement
We’re looking for a Mechanical/Product Design Intern/placement. We’re a young and vibrant team of designers that are passionate about creating products that are inspiring, not intimidating; products that are both engaging and exciting - that help people enjoy music.
You will be involved in the Mechanical Design of Focusrite/Novation products, collaborating in Industrial Design of new concepts, and working with the engineering teams to deliver a product ready for mass-production. With research into new processes/technologies, contribution to process improvement initiatives, we aim to deliver smart, cost optimised designs that meet the high standards of Quality, Ease of Use and Reliability that underpin our philosophy and that our customers expect.
Some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Creating 3D CAD parts and assemblies from concept sketches,
- Creating photorealistic renders in Keyshot,
- Creating and managing product silkscreen artwork files,
- Assisting with the building and reviewing of prototype units, logging issues and ensuring their timely resolution.
- Liaising with external Contract Manufacturer’s to support the execution of new and existing designs.
- Generating exploded assembly diagrams and exporting mechanical BOM’s from Solidworks.
If you want to be part of a creative team, involved in the development of industry leading sound recording and music production equipment in an exciting company which is committed to grow and evolve, we would love to hear from you.
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £15k per year (£16k in London), and you get to share in some of the same benefits as our permanent employees; an employee purchase scheme, free breakfast and lunch, company music events, lunch and learns from across the business and external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and creating awesome music making experiences for our customers.
Our four brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify, come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
Focusrite is The Interface Company. That’s what it does. More people record and listen to their productions through Focusrite than any other interface brand. The Focusrite Pro division has been created as a distinct group, focused on serving the unique needs of commercial operations.
From the ubiquitous Launchpad 8 x 8 grid behind over a billion YouTube views, to the synthesisers behind a constantly evolving new musical landscape, Novation plays a huge part in shaping the music and art of tomorrow.
Born out of Novation and based in Tileyard, Kings Cross, Ampify holds true to our fundamental purpose, creating cool music-making software that brings the life-enriching experience of music making to a larger audience than ever before.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply for as many of our placements as you wish.
Timetable for applications
Deadline to apply: Monday 7th January 2019
Interviews: February 2019
Offers made by: Monday 18th March 2019
More searches like this
- Chemical Engineering Other job types UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Mathematics & Computing Other job types UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Engineering Other job types UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Other job types UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire
- Civil & Structural Engineering Other job types UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Buckinghamshire