The environmental consultant will undertake specific tasks under Senior Manager direction in a wide range of projects within the areas described below. Tasks will be both desktop and field based. Training where required will be provided, mainly project specific training and mentoring (e.g., via accompanying senior staff on site visits).
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career, gaining valuable work experience, within an established consultancy.
- The team which the candidate would join carried out environmental compliance work related to Integrated Pollution Control (IPC) and Industrial Emissions (IE) License, enforcement support work for the Environmental Protection Agency, environmental compliance auditing and environmental due diligence assessments. Specific tasks could include:
- Assisting industrial clients with IE/IPC licence conditions such as AER/PRTR preparation, preparation of Residual Management Plans and Environmental Liability Risk Assessments;
- Carrying out site inspections which will involve preparation of Health and Safety plans, completing site inspection protocols and preparing site inspection reports;
- Communicating with a range of clients on IE/IPC licence topics;
- Carrying out Due Diligence audits, reviewing data received and preparing audit reports;
- Assisting with research projects which will involve reviewing scientific data, European Directives and Irish Statutory Instruments and disseminating the information to the project team.
Specific Skills Required
- Full Drive Licence Required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Practical experience of environmental science related work. This may include experience with IE Licences, Waste Permits and auditing.
- The preferred candidate will be based in the Dublin Office and should be amenable to undertaking work involving short secondments to client's offices.
- Degree or Master's Degree in a relevant in a relevant environmental discipline (e.g. environmental science)
- Enthusiastic with excellent research skills.
- Sound report writing skills.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.