Tools Support Engineer
- Job Type
Role Title and Location: Principal Engineer (Systems Engineering Tools) – Stevenage
Job Ref No: P7435
MBDA Level of role: Level 4 (will consider suitable L3)
Reports to: Head of Systems Engineering Tools - Stevenage
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of the MBDA UK Systems Capability Department as MBDA continues to deploy an integrated cross-company, cross-discipline Collaborative Engineering toolset (MatriX). MatriX will support the development of complex Weapon Systems, Weapon Sub-systems and Equipment – Systems Engineering Tools being an integral part of this collaborative engineering toolset based on an IBM Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool-chain.
You will be part of our dynamic Systems Engineering Tools Team and will play a critical role in supporting MBDA UK business, projects and individuals to develop Weapon Systems, Weapon Sub-systems and Equipment. You will be integral to the success of the on-going deployment of our collaborative engineering toolset based on an MBDA implementation of IBM’s Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool-chain
Key individual responsibilities include:
- Close support to the Head of Systems Engineering Tools in the co-ordination and delivery of Tools Support activities, including ALM evaluation and test activities.
- Support to Capability Department Technical Lead, specifically supporting Technical Leads role in both MBSE and ALM International Co-ordination activities.
- Ability to understand and implement MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering) tool sets into practising projects (e.g. DOORS NG, Rhapsody, RTC).
- Support to IM stakeholders as directed by Head of Systems Engineering Tools.
- Generation and delivery of training and education material to both individuals and project teams on a national level.
- Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
What’s in it for you?
As a key part of a small, fast-moving critical capability team this role:
- Provides opportunity to work closely with a variety of projects, functions and key stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- In addition, it provides opportunity to network with external professional bodies, peer organisations and academia.
- The role is UK based, but does involve collaborating with teams in MBDA France, Italy, Spain and Germany, to share, leverage and implement coherent approaches. This may involve international meetings and may involve international travel.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to enhancing Systems Engineering support in MBDA UK
What’s great about the team?
- Systems Capability is comprised of experienced professionals who have genuine passion and enthusiasm for Systems Engineering. They continually develop and readily share their knowledge and understanding of Systems Engineering methods and tools.
- The team have developed and continue to develop excellent working relationships with projects, other functions and key stakeholders across the business.
- The team have real impact on the delivery of critical strategic programmes such as the current MatriX and ALM programmes enabling collaborative model-based engineering across the MBDA enterprise.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role the skills and knowledge required are:
- Systems or IM Support Engineer with up to date knowledge of issues in relevant specialist area(s) e.g. MBSE, ALM (e.g. IBM implementations including DOORS NG, Rhapsody, RTC or equivalent).
- Understanding of state of the art Engineering tools and their application in the systems engineering domain (e.g. ALM, CAD, CAM, CAE).
- Experience of test and evaluation.
- Understanding of other associated tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink, Stateflow, Dimensions).
- Capable of working autonomously and proactively, able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Some experience in programming languages and software development and build environments would also be useful.
- Ideally degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, plus relevant experience.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
More searches like this
- Chemical Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Civil & Structural Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Aerospace & Automotive Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire