Product Manager - Electromagnetics
About the Role
NPL’s ElectroMagnetics teams provide cutting edge products and services to industry that underpin the UK’s prosperity and quality of life. Working with key partners, we provide products and services that address real industry needs using current and emerging technologies. We create impact by supporting productivity improvements for businesses and using new technologies and innovation to continuously improve and transform industry.
As a Product Manager, you will own, define and provide leadership throughout the product lifecycle for a portfolio of Products and Services relating to ElectroMagnetics
Responsibilities will include:
- Use NPL’s NPI process to identify and select opportunities for the development of new, high value or high impact services. You will work with colleagues across the business and in external markets to develop those products and take them to market
- Have shared financial targets for growing NPL’s business (revenue and margin) from the introduction of a pipeline of new products, developed out of the research activities of NPL and our collaborators
- Gain a deep understanding of customer and stakeholder needs in industry and identify technologies within the NPL research programmes that meet those needs
- Develop novel business models for product delivery as part of detailed business cases for new products
- Use industry, Government and other high level business strategies to inform the selection of new services to meet the grand challenges defined in those strategies
- Act as the voice of the customer throughout the product lifecycle to ensure that new services deliver the greatest possible benefit to NPL’s customers and maximum impact for NPL
- Champion the NPI process across the business, providing facilitation and guidance to technical and management teams and enable the wider adoption of those practices across the business
- Work with NPL’s sales and marketing teams to take new services to market, developing suitable channels to target segments and supporting multi-media sales collateral material
- Develop personal networks with customers and stakeholders in target markets and use those networks to capture market needs for new services as well as obtaining feedback on their experience of existing NPL services to inform future enhancements.
- Significant experience in some of the following: future communications industry and technologies, materials and electrical science, electronic and magnetic materials, electrochemistry.
- Can capture ‘voice of the customer’ for global, cross sector companies; effectively translating NPL science into valuable product propositions.
- Commercial skills including strong understanding of operational business revenue, cost drivers, and ROI
- Skilled in designing new products and services from scratch with sound knowledge of different product design methodologies, managing products from concept to in-market exploitation.
- Promotes a strong focus on the needs of customers and partners
- Skilled at working effectively across teams, both internally - science, marketing, sales, legal and externally - with global channel intermediaries and product delivery partners.
- Experienced at leading the transformation of services to users, moving to a digital approach whenever possible
- A strong and clear communicator. Confident working with technical and non-technical audiences with a variety of stakeholders at different levels of seniority and knowledge.
- Using data analysis to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of launched products and services
- Outstanding problem solving, time management, decision making and people influencing skills.
- A degree in Science or Engineering is preferred.
About The Company
To ensure everyone has an equal chance, we’re always willing to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss, please contact email@example.com