2 days left
- Job Type
A fantastic opportunity for a Science Teacher (preferably Biology) at a great modern Secondary School in East London has arisen to start in January 2019 or sooner.
This Science-specialist secondary school, located in the borough of Tower Hamlets, are looking to recruit an experienced Science Teacher to start in January 2019. The school is an ambitious, inclusive and well-equipped secondary school with state of the art facilities. The school benefits from a supportive and well-organised senior leadership team who are committed to moving the school forward.
The school was Ofsted graded 'Good' after only twenty-one months of opening where they stated that "The vast majority [of pupils] have positive attitudes to their learning, show respect for others, look after the schools buildings well and say that they feel happy". This can be reflected in their success exam results.
The school has great public transport links and is easy accessible by underground trainlines or bus.
We are seeking a passionate classroom practitioner able to teach all three sciences at KS3 and KS4.
The School are looking to appoint a dynamic, ambitious and outstanding practitioner as Head of Chemistry to lead and co-ordinate the delivery of Biology at Key Stages 3-5. Science at the school is a high achieving subject area and Biology is an extremely popular subject at A level.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher and role model for future scientists, have a proven track record of high outcomes for learners in Key Stages 3 -5 and will be able to manage and lead a team of dedicated specialists and non-specialists alongside the Head of Faculty.
To be considered for this Science teacher role you must have:
- A degree in Biology with QTS.
- As a qualified Science Teacher you should be a creative and enthusiastic practitioner who is able to use all available resources to their full extent.
- It is very important that you have a sound understanding of good practice in Assessment for Learning.
- As a qualified Teacher you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with proven ability to understand and utilise current theory and practice in relation to learning and development.
Discover this and other opportunities unique to you via the Opogo Community App when you apply. The app matches you to the best roles based on your experience, skills and location. Learn more below.
About Opogo :
Our vision at Opogo is to transform education together with our partner schools and members by making their working lives simpler, easier, more manageable, less stressful and therefore more enjoyable. You'll benefit from:
- The Opogo Hub is a real and virtual place packed with targeted, useful, engaging content. It is run and driven by people just like you.
- Our Smart Match Technology effortlessly finds the positions that match your skills, experience and location - and right when you need them
- Access to the Opogo app now on Android and iOS and get Journey Planners, school packs, school facial recognition sign in, plus many more really useful features
- Enjoy a free Umbrella Service and free PAYE services, plus thousands of super daily rewards discounts on coffee, cinema tickets and even your shopping.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV via the button below and we'll endeavour to get in touch as soon as we can. Opogo will run an initial registration interview to be followed by an interview, lesson observation or trial day at the school's discretion. Any offers will be subject to references and relevant safeguarding checks.