Research Assistant at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Genetics
laboratory of Dr. Georgios Karras
Cancer cells accumulate detrimental genetic mutations that perturb the function of important proteins they express. Our lab investigates how protein-folding chaperones, specialized proteins that help other proteins to fold and function within the cell, influence the accumulation and phenotypic manifestations of cancer mutations. The ultimate goal of this work is to identify new targeting strategies for precision cancer medicine. We are looking for a full-time entry, mid or senior level Research Assistant, who will make significant contributions towards achieving this goal.
Provides supervision, special training to technical personnel and/or highly technical work in research projects.
Impacts cancer research efforts throughout the institution.
• Constructs, replicates and maintains stocks of plasmid libraries to be employed in high-throughput assays.
• Prepares and conducts lab experiments and records data in accordance with methods requested and confers with superiors regarding results obtained.
• Assembles and operates various laboratory equipments.
• Ensures the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced.
• Trains students and technical staff
Required: Bachelor's degree Natural Sciences or related field.
Required: Fours years of experience in scientific or experimental research work.
Preferred research expertise: Molecular biology; high-throughput DNA cloning; tissue culture; yeast genetics.
Apply for Research Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Biochemistry, Biophysics & Biomedics Staff Scientist $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biochemistry Staff Scientist $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Houston
- Molecular Biology Staff Scientist $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Houston
- Genetics Staff Scientist $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Houston