Mechanical Engineer - West Midlands
Emily Mills is recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join one of the UKs largest independent chemical manufacturers of speciality organic chemicals. This is a permanent position with the salary dependant upon experience.
Our client one of the UK's largest independent manufacturers of speciality organic chemicals. They offer a wide range of custom manufactured intermediates on a commercial scale from kilograms to multi-tonnes.
This role is in the West Midlands, and is easily commutable from main transport links.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled installation, maintenance and calibration team within a lower tier COMAH facility.
• Part of the team involved in Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work.
• Part of the team involved in Mechanical plant installation and modification work.
• Minor mechanical project management.
• The production of Risk assessments, Standard Operating Procedures etc.
• Any other Mechanical Engineering dept. duties as/when required.
• Liaison at all levels inside the Company. Outside contacts typically include suppliers, contractors and agencies such as the HSE & insurance inspectors.
• The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
• The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
• Authority to stop contract work and to exclude from site.
• The job requires a flexible attitude to deal with multiple complex jobs simultaneously to meet the required changes in operational priorities.
• A Mechanical Engineering degree as a minimum.
• Industrial experience, post degree, would be of benefit.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC44336 in all correspondence.