Graduate QC Radiochemist x4
Our client is a well-established organisation who provide a high quality reliable supply of radiopharmaceuticals to PET imaging centres across the UK. Due to continuous expansion they are seeking to recruit a number of scientists to work in their analytical department.
Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical, Medicinal or relevant science related discipline.
1 - 2 yrs working directly within in a Quality Control laboratory within a licensed GMP facility or with a significant level of transferable experience.
- Quality Control testing of all medicinal products produced in accordance with SOPs defined by European Pharmacopoeial standards and Marketing Authorisations in a timely manner due to half-life of the radiopharmaceutical product.
- Ensure data records and trending comply to GMP requirements.
- Maintain all environmental monitoring data produced by the production process and have ability to perform independent monitoring where required.
- Maintain calibration, maintenance and qualification of all QC analytical and supporting testing and measuring equipment
- Equipment such as (but not limited to) HPLC, GC, Radio-TLC, PTS readers, balances, pH meters, filter integrity tester.
- First line trouble shooting on Quality Control equipment.
- Maintain equipment parts and reagent inventory specific to Quality control.
- Contribute to the EFFICIENCY and continuous improvement in Quality Control tasks and systems.
- Direct involvement in internal audit of area and completion of identified actions
- Direct involvement in validation life cycle of the Quality control department.
- Support LEARNING by Training of others in Quality Control duties and extended responsibilities
- Provide QA function for manufacturing steps such as, but not limited to, dilution calculations, filter integrity, labels including the proposed plan.
- Create, monitor, maintain COSHH files, Risk assessments and MSDS documents where required.
The role will require both lone working in a laboratory for batch testing and collaborative team working approach for such thing as manufacturing/packaging, projects, general duties directed by the business needs of the day. Flexibility required for a weekly (Mon-Fri) shift pattern as directed. This includes a routine day and night shifts based on business needs on agreed rotation between trained team members.
This position is based on
8 hour shift, 40 hours per week plus one Saturday per month (as overtime)
Shifts are: 04:00 - 12:00, 07:00 - 15:00, 09:00 - 17:00 on a rotation basis
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK