Postdoctoral Researcher in Hardware Security
Postdoctoral Research Positions in Hardware Security
The new Hardware Security lab at TalTech (https://www.taltech.ee/en/), led by Prof. Samuel Pagliarini (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Samuel_Pagliarini), invites applications for a postdoctoral position. The lab will conduct research in the area of Hardware Security focusing on trustworthy integrated circuit (IC) design, electronic design automation (EDA) for secure systems, Hardware Trojans, reverse engineering, circuit obfuscation, and other similar topics.
We are looking for motivated individuals with a strong background in circuit design. Having a PhD degree is mandatory for this position, but candidates close to the completion of a PhD are also encouraged to apply. Previous expertise on Hardware Security is desirable. The candidates are expected to have the following core skills:
- Ability to describe digital circuitry (preferably in Verilog)
- Ability to write C++/python scripts for building small EDA tools
- Familiarity w/ Cadence tools for IC design (Genus, Innovus, Tempus, Virtuoso, etc.)
- Strong writing and communicating skills (English) that are compatible with an entry-level research position
Other skills are considered a plus:
- Familiarity with EDA tools from other vendors (Calibre, ICC, DC, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with tapeouts of digital ICs
- In-depth understanding of hardware/software boundaries and security implications
- In-depth understanding of crypto algorithms and their hardware implementations
- Publication(s) in topics related to IC design and security
- Experience on writing grant proposals and managing research projects
How to apply:
Please submit your CV to Prof. Pagliarini by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject ‘Postdoc in Hardware Security’. Candidates with adequate backgrounds will be invited to interview over Skype. This position has an immediate start date.
About TalTech and the Department of Computer Systems:
Founded in 1918, Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) is the flagship university of Engineering and Technology in Estonia. It is located in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, and is currently the most international university in the country with around 1600 international degree students coming from over 90 different countries. TalTech offers 4 Bachelor’s and 15 Master’s programs taught in English. TalTech is ranked 601–650 in the QS World University Ranking.
Selected candidates will join the Department of Computer Systems (https://www.ttu.ee/?id=148265), located on the main TalTech campus. The Department also hosts strong research in the area of circuit reliability, fault tolerance, verification, and test. The department fosters a collaborative environment for research and encourages exploration of cross-disciplinary topics.
Apply for Postdoctoral Researcher in Hardware Security
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly