Research Fellow (High Power Energy Storage)
Applications are invited for a research position RA1A within the EPSRC/ISCF-funded project on High Power Batteries. The work will involve experimental studies for the development and characterisation of high power batteries.
Requirements for this post are:
1. A first degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Physics; and a PhD or an EngD or equivalent work experience in the areas of materials science and engineering or electrochemical devices.
2. Experience in material functionalisation, material and nanomaterial processing, coating manufacturing, electrochemical device (battery, supercapacitor or hybrid) fabrication and electrochemical testing.
3. Excellent experimental skills and experience in maintaining argon glovebox and carrying out experimental work in a glovebox.
4. Microstructural material characterisation and physical material characterisation (e.g. using SEM); chemical characterisation (e.g. using FTIR and Raman techniques).
5. Excellent record of publications of research papers in high reputation and high impact journals.
The post will be shared between two Departments at the University of Surrey: the Materials Group in the Department of Mechanical Engineering Sciences (prime investigator: Dr Tina Lekakou, email: C.Lekakou@surrey.ac.uk ), and the Electrochemical Group in the Department of Chemistry (co-investigator: Professor Bob Slade, email: email@example.com ) at a nominal ratio of 2:1, respectively.
You will receive a generous annual leave entitlement and excellent development opportunities.
Please apply online through the button below.
Please note, it is University Policy to offer a starting salary equivalent to Level 3.6 (£31,302) to successful applicants who have been awarded, but are yet to receive, their PhD certificate. Once the original PhD certificate has been submitted to the local HR Department, the salary will be increased to Level 4.1 (£32,236).