PHD STUDENT - Development of semiconductor nanostructures for energy storage/conversion
Development of semiconductor nanostructures for energy storage and conversion applications.
The focus of the project is on synthesis and characterization of nanostructures based on luminescent semiconductor nanocrystals, study of their activity in electro and photocatalysis and their utilization in optoelectronics and electronics. The work will be performed at LAM.
Qualification requirements for interested candidates:
- Completed university education (B.S., M.S., or equivalent) in chemistry or related fields
- A good background in chemical synthesis (organometallic or inorganic) and/or chemical crystallizations
- Prior familiarity with synthesis of semiconductor nanocrystals is a significant advantage
- Experience with spectroscopy characterization methods, such as UVVIS absorption and photoluminescence is beneficial but not essential
- Strong verbal and written skills in English language
Where will you work? The research will be performed at an EU financed, newly established Laboratory for Advanced Materials (LAM), located in the recently constructed CU Science Park (https://cusp.uniba.sk). As a PhD student you will be participating in a multi-disciplinary research effort including design and preparation of new materials, their chemical, structural and electronic characterization using variety of advanced characterization methods and development of their applications in energy conversion and storage, optoelectronic and electronics. Your participation in this research will include opportunities to collaborate with other research teams from Comenius University, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovak Technical University, as well as our collaborators from other countries of EU and USA. As part of your studies you will have an opportunity to present your research results at various international conferences as well as participate in exchange research visits with our international collaborators.
Compensation. You will be paid a monthly stipend in the amount of 900-1150 EUR net, depending on your performance and experience, for period of 4 years. After completion of your PhD you may continue your research at the LAM as a postdoctoral researcher, with the possibility to apply for variety of prestigious fellowships (Alexander von Humboldt, Lise Meitner or Marie-Curie Fellowship), for international scientific stays at institutions of your choice and/or apply for positions requiring a PhD, such as senior researcher in chemical and materials science companies, an assistant professor position at one of the universities in Slovakia or abroad, a patent development professional, etc.
If you are interested in the position, please contact Dr. Milan Sýkora via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the e-mail please state why would you like to work at LAM (in the context of your prior position/experience and your future plans) and attach a CV (one-page max.). Recommendation letter from your mentor of mentors is a plus. You can find more information at: https://fns.uniba.sk/en/lam
Apply for PHD STUDENT - Development of semiconductor nanostructures for energy storage/conversion
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Chemistry PhD / Doctoral €10,000 - €14,999 Full Time jobs in Slovakia
- Inorganic Chemistry PhD / Doctoral €10,000 - €14,999 Full Time jobs in Slovakia
- Organic Chemistry PhD / Doctoral €10,000 - €14,999 Full Time jobs in Slovakia
- Spectroscopy PhD / Doctoral €10,000 - €14,999 Full Time jobs in Slovakia