Professor of Maritime Transport
6 days left
- Job Type
- Group Leader/ Principal Investigator
The TalTech Estonian Maritime Academy invites applications for a professor position in Maritime Transport.
The objective of the professorship is to lead research and development and to implement science-based solutions in the field of Maritime Transport in Estonia and internationally.
• To ensure the continuity of maritime transport related know-how in TalTech and Estonia in general;
• To enhance the capabilities for acquiring high-level scientific education and research in the field of maritime transport at an international level;
• To contribute to the development of innovative and complex solutions in ports and shipping companies, taking into account the individual parts of the field but also the main features of maritime transport as a whole;
• To enable the integration of developments in containerization, intermodal transport, short sea shipping with the supply chain management in ports and shipping sector using a systematic approach;
• To develop and implement strategies relevant for the management of the maritime transport sector;
• To enable the integration of traditional maritime transport field with the modern and vast developing digital solutions (automatisation, big data, autonomous and unmanned vessels, cybersecurity) to ensure sustainability and competitiveness in the sector and the ecosystem friendly and effective solution in the maritime transport field;
• To enable the provision and development of science based study, research and development for the port and shipping management BSc, MSc and PhD studies in maritime specialization;
• To enable the growth in research and development by enhancing the integration with other research fields and institutions, thus making strong contribution to boost the technological advancements and knowledge intensity of Estonian maritime society, economy and industry.
The professor is expected to lead and carry out the study-, research and development activities in the field of maritime transport including topics like: integration of shipping companies in supply chain management; handling of container, tanker and dry cargoes; designation of ports for the transshipment of goods; ports and inland ports; different concepts of container ports (Gateway Container Ports/Hub Container Ports); Hub ports; key performance indicators of ports; ports as public private partnerships; risk management in maritime and port activities; assessing the risks and finding optimal solutions associated with the digitalization of shipping (Smart Shipping); innovation, digitalization (Smart Ports) and development in the field of shipping, ports and terminals.
The professor will be required to establish, manage and provide scientific guidance to a high-level research group in the field of maritime transport. Publishing high quality research, which has impact measured in terms of citations, is essential. The professor initiates, carries out and applies for international and national research and development projects and contractual cooperation as well as competitive research funding in the field of maritime transport, ports and maritime affairs. Involvement of students (BSc, MSc, PhD studies) in research and development projects as well as supervision of final theses, masters’ and doctoral theses is required. The professor is also expected to popularize of his/her specialty and research results, participate in the work of international scientific committees, journals and boards; and carry out organizational and administrative activities in the field of research, development and teaching.
Apply for Professor of Maritime Transport
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly