Bioreactor Scientist (AS II / SCI I)
1 day left
- Job Type
- Research Scientist
Title: Bioreactor Scientist (AS II / SCI I)
Location: Cambridge, UK
At MedImmune, relentless pursuit is matched with exceptional capabilities to break new ground in science. We have one of the most robust pipelines in the industry, and it's because of our people. We're entrepreneurial and deeply collaborative - a winning combination that's delivering life-changing medicines to patients. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives thrive when making brave decisions - join us.
The cell culture and fermentation team in Cambridge are looking to recruit a Bioreactor scientist to join their team. You will be part of a team responsible for generating recombinant proteins to support internal projects at all stages of Drug Discovery. The team is also responsible for developing new technologies around rapid protein expression.
You will play an important role in supporting the different activities around the rapid expression and scale-up of recombinant proteins using in-house protein expression technologies. In addition, you will contribute to the further development and improvement of the current technology
- Recombinant protein production using transient expression systems
- Responsible for running the bioreactor lab including maintenance, scheduling and routine operation of bioreactors
- Routine operation of largely disposable large-scale bioreactors such as Single Use Bioreactor (SUB) and rocking bioreactors to supply preclinical material.
- Maintenance and scale-up of inocula for bioreactor processes
- Designing and conducting experiments to ensure that project objectives are met
- Contributing to the scientific direction of technology development within Cell Culture and Fermentation Sciences.
- Participating on appropriate drug development and research project teams across the global organisation. This includes presentation at appropriate internal meetings
- BSc / PhD in Life Science
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and protein expression from eukaryotic cells in an industrial or academic environment.
- Practical laboratory-based experience in cell culture or biochemical engineering.
- Experience of bioreactor operation and bioreactor systems for mammalian cell culture
- Experience or knowledge of bioreactor process development
- Experience of running disposable bioreactors desirableUse of transient expression platform
- Experience in stable expression systems
- Experience / knowledge of molecular / cell biology techniques
- Plasmid DNA scale-up and purification
- Knowledge of analytical techniques, e.g. SDS PAGE, western blotting,
Opening date: 26th May 2017
Closing date: 31st October 2017
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.