Title: Process Technician - Manufacturing
Location: Liverpool, UK
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. We work as partners in bringing life changing medicines to patients, sharing and benefiting from each other's strengths. When we see an opportunity for change we make it happen, so that nothing will hold back your creativity, drive and development. Together, we'll show the world the pace that science can set.
The manufacturing team in Liverpool are responsible for manufacturing the flu vaccine. The team are currently looking to recruit a Process Technician to provide process stage leadership and to supervise a manufacturing team based in Liverpool. This position is a shift based role and will include night shifts. You are therefore required to work in a shift pattern provided by the team leader. In return, aside from your basic salary company will also offer a very generous shift allowance.
In this role, you are expected:
- To ensure the necessary documentation for the activities carried out e.g. batch documentation, SOPs etc are accurate and correctly completed.
- To ensure procedures are reviewed in a timely manner to identify improvement opportunities.
- To be responsible for effective resource planning and management of the process stage.
- To be responsible for developing and communicating improvement plans for the process stage.
- To work with management of e-systems for the process stage (e.g. SAP, LIMS etc.).
- To ensure all manufacturing equipment for the process stage is effectively maintained, calibrated and available for operations.
- To have oversight and management of quality indicators within area of responsibility including effective troubleshooting, RCA and CAPA management.
- To complete non-conformances for areas of responsibility.
- You must have a minimum of 5 GCSE's/CSE including English and Mathematics. A qualification in first line management is advantageous.
- Extensive level of experience in a GMP environment preferably within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry - other regulated industries such as chemical and food will be also considered.
- Good planning and time management skills, enabling individual to work under pressure and supervise activities.
- Strong focus on Health and Safety requirements.
- Expert technical and compliance understanding of specific process stages and equipment involved within a Pharma environment.
- Computer literature
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to influence at various levels within the organisation and to obtain support from other areas when required
Opening date: Friday 28th September 2017
Closing date: Sunday 28th October 2017
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.