Locations: London, Birmingham, Hastings, Portsmouth, Southampton
Salaries from: £19-24K
Bursaries from: £15K
Starting: September 2023
“Every child deserves a great education and excellent teaching can make that happen. I decided I wanted to be a part of that” Amin, Ark Teacher Training Graduate
About The Role:
You will be training to be an English teacher - this is a great opportunity to train to teach outstanding lessons and therefore help pupils achieve excellent academic results and be a role-model, positively impacting the academy more widely.
Ark is a charity that aims to transform children’s lives through education. In the UK, the strongest predictor of how a child will do at school continues to be what their parents do for a living – but why should this be the accepted status quo? By working in our network at one of our 39 schools, you will be directly making a positive impact on young people’s lives through high-quality teaching and thoughtful consideration of all backgrounds and needs, making educational equity a reality.
About Ark Teacher Training:
Ark Teacher Training (ATT) is a school-based programme offering the perfect mixture of theory and classroom practice to develop you into the best teacher you can be. Because we believe that every child, regardless of their background, deserves to have access to a great education, we work mainly in communities of lower income with a history of academic underachievement. We are very proud to have just received our second ‘outstanding’ rating from Ofsted in all categories! There are only a few ITTs in the UK that can say the same. Alongside this, our programme is also incredibly supportive and bespoke, as you will see below.
- To engage in daily professional development activities
- To plan, resource and deliver lessons to the highest possible standard that ensure learning and progress of all pupils
- To provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps pupils to develop as learners
- To help to maintain and establish discipline across the whole school
- To contribute to the effective working of the school
- Grade C (4) or above in Maths GCSE and English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
- An undergraduate bachelor’s degree or will hold (or equivalent) prior to beginning your Initial teacher training
- A degree or A level (or equivalent) in English or a related subject
- Evidence of a commitment to working with young people
- Experience of overcoming challenges successfully
- Ability to demonstrate consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct
- An aptitude for teaching
We encourage you to apply early - once spaces are full recruitment will end. Don't miss out, click 'Apply Now'