Role and Responsibilities
Commercial related management:
- Advice to the business on a broad range of laws, including general corporate and commercial, employment, competition, intellectual property, privacy, anti-corruption, and consumer protection;
- Draft, review, negotiate agreements including all relevant trade terms such as Sales/Distribution Agreements, Procurement Agreements, Sponsorship Agreements, Consulting Agreements, License Agreements, etc.;
- Review marketing materials and advertisements (online, offline, etc.);
- Manage any ad hoc projects being instructed by the business units, such as fraud investigation, research on legal issues and coordinating with relevant business units on new business opportunities and models, etc.; and
- Attending internal and external meetings as required by the business counterpart.
- Conducting pre-litigation process: interview with relevant stakeholders to collect and analyze data and other evidence;
- Performing legal research on the disputed issues;
- Inform the management of the background and issues regarding the dispute and advise the suitable course of action;
- Coordinating, leading, managing, monitoring with external counsels for the litigation cases; and
- Attending court procedures if required.
- Management of the Company's compliance program including:
- general administration of compliance program;
- conduct of employee compliance training;
- preparation and circulation of relevant compliance messaging and educational material;
- manage entry and maintenance of compliance program records; and
- liaise with RHQ and HQ in connection with regional or global compliance requirements.
- Update and implement business policies to ensure compliance with Thai laws.
- Monitoring of legal developments and trends.
Skills and Qualifications
- Law Degree, Master Degree preferred
- Lawyer license required
- At least 5 years PQE.
- Experience in a law firm preferred
- Strong background on laws related to a trading company.
- Familiarity with general corporate and commercial laws, employment, competition, intellectual property, privacy, litigation, anti-corruption, and consumer protection.
Job Alerts: If you would like to be notified of new opportunities when they are posted, please click here . You will be asked to create an account first if you do not already have one.
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969, Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the worlds leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at ( https://news.samsung.com/global/ ).