About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The Faculty of International Economics or in Political Science and International Studies in Moscow of the Higher School of Economics, Russia invites applications for full-time, tenure-track positions of Assistant Professor in International Economics or in Political Science and International Studies and related fields.
The general requirements for the tenure track positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field International Economics or in Political Science and International Studies, which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Teaching experience at leading foreign universities is desirable;
- Knowledge of Russian is not required as research and teaching are both conducted in English. Therefore, fluent English is obligatory.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct high-quality research publishable in reputable peer-reviewed journals with research support provided by the University.
Tenure track positions are only available on a full-time, residential basis.
Overall, appointments are usually made for an initial three-year period (starting September 2023) and, upon successful completion of an interim review, contracts are normally extended for a further three years until the tenure review.
HSE University provides excellent opportunities for international faculty. For instance, we can offer a competitive salary (indexed to inflation annually and subject to a 13% flat income tax), health insurance, travel support, research support and other benefits. Since there is a key focus on generating high quality research, the teaching load of newly hired faculty is low. All individual terms of employment will be reflected in the offer letter.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the Review Committee at International Faculty Recruitment at email@example.com before the application deadline.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2023
For more information:
- about Tenure Track recruitment - Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university – official web-site;
- about the Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org