Co-op, Materials Metrology @ ASML
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchip
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
ASML is seeking a qualified candidate for a Co-op position (6 to 9 months) in Optical Engineer. Interest in the area of Physical Optics Modeling and/or experimental optics and metrology are required.
*MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE*The main focus of this position will be to support engineering staff:
Develop a clear understanding of the physical operation of high-end optical sensors and model basic effects and sensitivities;
Using a combination of standard tools (CodeV, Zemax, FRED) and modelling in a MATLAB environment to generate accurate physical optics models to predict high-end sensors performance and establish error budgets contributions;
Use developed models to support proto build validation and production build factory and field issues resolution.
As needed perform experiments and testing to validate predicted metrology sensor responses and predictions.
Candidate should be working toward a master or a Ph.D. in Physics, Material Sciences, or Chemistry. Student with high potential in optical design and engineering working toward a BS will be considered. Preferred GPA is 3.5 or above; minimum GPA 3.0
- Experience with optical design and tolerance of optical systems.
- Experience with at least 2 of the 3 items list: CodeV and/or Zemax; FRED and/or ASAP; MATLAB.
- Be able to understand the physical operation of complex optical sensors and generate detailed modeling and simulation of their output signals. For example sensors that use a moiré type of detection and can resolve less than 1:10000.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills and a commitment to achieving results on time;
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule;
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating analytically technical issues.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 'apply' button below
Remember - you found this opportunity on Qreer.com