I am working with a consultancy that partners with clients to ensure that environmental regulations and goals are met. You will be based within the Advisory team, working with all areas of consultancy, providing guidance and support to clients for them to meet and maintain compliance with environmental legislation and enhance their green credentials and performance.
You will be carrying out audits, applying for permits and licences, advising on legislation and often acting as the client's Environment Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Providing environmental guidance and support to customers for them to maintain compliance and enhance their environmental performance
* Managing your own client accounts, build and maintain relationships and manage expectations
* Liaising with external agencies
* Ensuring that services are delivered in line with the company's quality systems and processes
* Supporting the growth of both the business division and EMS
Your experience will include:
* Implementing, maintaining and/or auditing Environmental Management Systems to ISO14001 standards
* Understanding relevant environmental legislation and how this translates to clients
* Identifying environmental impacts and liabilities and recognising effective solutions to mitigate risks
* Consultation and engagement with regulatory bodies (i.e., Local Authorities, Environment Agency)
* Carrying out environmental inspections and audits including legal compliance
* Environmental Permitting including preparing and submitting applications to the regulatory bodies
* Working knowledge of the construction, food and drink, manufacturing, and healthcare sectors
* Working with clients to identify cost effective ways to minimise waste and adopt sustainable solutions
* Preparing reports and documents
* Associate Membership and ideally working towards Practitioner with IEMA or equivalent
* Continuous Professional Development (CPD) including Environmental Management Implementation course and EMS Auditor Training course or equivalent
* A relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree in environmental science of equivalent
Your skills will include:
* Proactive and ambitious, with a proven track record of understanding and interpreting client's environmental needs and responsibilities
* Excellent organisational and time-management skills, with demonstrable experience of managing several projects at any one time
* Proficient reporting and written skills articulating technical details to a range of stakeholders
* Excellent people management and communication
* Able to successfully meet client expectations and tackle challenges
* Full, clean UK driving licence
Salaries are offered dependent upon experience, with circa 40k on offer but flexibility to increase for the right candidate!
Whilst the Head Office is in Sheffield, remote working is offered as projects are nationwide.